Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome home?

Here's the layout of my day yesterday

5:33 am: alarm goes off, I've been awake since 2:57

5:45 am: packing the car with last minute things

6:18 am: off we go to start our drive

8:07 am: traffic in San Bernadino because of construction, losing time

10:09 am: venti Starbucks in Barstow (yum), Ollie eats breakfast standing at the gas pump

2:44 pm: "Check Engine Soon" light turns on

2:45 pm: shoot, what does that mean? Freak out. We have 500 more miles to drive. Do we pull over? Good thing we have AAA

2:47 pm: Tim says it's fine. "Keep driving till the car starts to smoke"

4:41 pm: Richfield, UT. Enough said. Hopefully we'll make it the 180 miles where there's no services and cell phones don't work

7:10 pm: Yay Grand Junction. This means we're finally in CO

8:00 pm- 11:16 pm: white knuckles, icy roads, no visibility, hills, blind curves, and down pouring snow. Seriously, CO? Thanks for the welcome home.

11:17 pm: Thank you Eisenhower tunnel. Only 40 more miles and way less snow

11:59 pm: We're finally out of the mountains and on C470. My butt is soo flat, I need out of this car

12:22 am: Pizza before bed because I'm starving.


It was a long, pretty easy drive until we hit the blizzard in Vail. Needless to say, I'm tired today. On the agenda for today, running some errands, wrapping some presents, hopefully a nap and.....

best of all hanging out with these loves. I love my two boys and they are just two peas in a pod already.
Travel safe this Holiday Season.

5 comments:

  1. WOW thats a really REALLY long car ride. Buddy would have gone nuts!! Glad you made it home safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safely! Long car trips also seem like a great idea until you're halfway there - & you realize the rest of the trip will be just as long as the first part. I drove to Florida once, & I swore I'd never do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh sounds eventful! glad you got home ok!

    Just wanted to say my ornaments arrived! they are precious,I love them, thank you for going to all the trouble for me. I really appreciate it. I hope yours gets to you on time! I posted about the ornaments here...
    http://heavensenthem.blogspot.com/2010/12/ornament-swap-2010-part-2.html

    Merry Chrostmas Jayme, and thanks again, you're so kind and it was so nice to meet you!

    p.s, don't check the link until you get your ornament, I've added a picture and it'll ruin the surprise!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nikki: Ollie did surprisingly well for the whole drive. He'd sleep most of the time and every 3-4 hours he'd be a little antsy to get out but it was always perfect timing when we needed gas anyways.

    @ Renee: I completely agree about the half-way point of the drives. We've done this route before many times and it wasn't bad at all until we hit all the snow.

    @ Louise: I am so glad they got to you on time and I'm soo happy you like them. I can't wait for mine to get here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home safely! Cute picture of the pups! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga