Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly [V2]

I'm back with the second [The Good, The Bad, The Ugly] feature I've started on the bloggy. Missed the first? Check it out here.

[The Good]

1. Today was my last day of class for undergrad ever! I can not believe the day has come! I will officially be done with finals in approximately 9 days (next Thursday) and will be graduating in 10 days (next Friday)! My announcements are going in the mail this afternoon and I have ideas spinning in my head about how to decorate my graduation cap.

2. This past weekend was J's birthday and we had some amazing friends in town. We spent time at the beach, got sunburnt, played doubles tennis, drank adult beverages, ate yummy food, went downtown and celebrated good friends and great memories.

3. I have decided to start in on my own "getting healthy" plan and today is day 1. I'm starting the Special K Challenge because, well, I love their stuff, obviously. You eat cereal and snack bars and protein shakes during the day and then have a regular meal for dinner. But knowing myself and my random food cravings, I'm combining this with calorie counting because I know I'll want a banana or chips or something in between the Special K items. I'm also going to try and hit up the gym more frequently now that I don't have class which will add extra to the plan. We'll see how I am in two weeks!

[The Bad]

1. With the end of the semester comes the dreaded finals! Dun dun dun! I have three exams next week and thankfully I'm not too stressed about them at this point. None are cumulative which decreases the stress but also gives me NO motivation to actually study for them. Hopefully I can dig down deep and conquer my last undergraduate battle.

2. I mentioned in the GBU post that I was nominated to be the Outstanding Biology Graduate at commencement. I'm sad to say, though, that I did not receive the award. I knew it was a competitive award and I'm sure whoever won deserves it beyond belief but I can't help but think I wish it was me.

3. There are so many things going on in my life right now that I feel like I have to time for anything. Now I am very thankful that some of these things are positive things (like working to make some money) but I can't stop racking my brain about what else needs to happen in the next 10 days. The list goes on and on. Study, clean the apartment, go grocery shopping, contact med schools, go to work, do laundry, prepare a graduation party menu..... (See I told you it was long). However, this does make the finish line of the next 10 days that much sweeter.

[The Ugly]

1. I still have not heard any news in the med school arena. I am still on the alternate list at two schools and am constantly getting anxiety when I receive an email to a certain email address or a phone call from a number I don't recognize. May 15th is a big day on the application-process-front and I just hope that the sooner it gets to that day the better my odds get to hearing good news. Please cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the good still outweighs the bad. Will keep my fingers crossed for you about the ugly! Happy [almost] graduation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga