Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Friendship Bracelet Swap Pt 2

Remember when I was going to participate in the Friendship Bracelet Swap held by Amanda and Jenn? Well it turned out fabulously and I thought it was appropriate for me to share with you both the bracelets I made as well as the ones I received.

Here are the ones I made to send to my new friends. I chose to do the classic chevron pattern with a twist and each bracelet had a total of 6 different colors.
Even though we shared our wrist sizes I wanted mine to be adjustable so I finished the bracelets off with braided tails for tying.
I've never done a non-symmetric chevron bracelet before and after doing these I have to say that it is my favorite now. I love how they turned out that I know I will be making some more like these in the future. The blue bracelet went to Kylie because she likes blues and purples, the pink to Barbara because her favorite color is pink, and the multi-color to Cidney because she likes brights.
I printed color coordinated headers for little notes I sent along with the bracelets and wrote a little something to each girl before sending off their packages. I really hope that they all liked their bracelets as much as I did making them.
Now onto the bracelets that I received. I cannot express how much I love all three of these bracelets. They are all so different from each other and totally suit my style in their own ways.
The wide, bright chevron was from Kylie and the colors in it are fabulous. I also love how wide it is because it's definitely a statement piece. She was kind enough to also send a smaller, solid yellow bracelet along with this one (because yellows my fave color) that pairs perfectly with it. The middle, unique patter bracelet was from Barbara. As soon as I opened the envelop I thought this was one of the coolest bracelets I'd ever seen. I am still fascinated about how to make one like this and I love that she incorporated my favorite color and some neutrals. The neutral, classic chevron was from Cidney and I love it's simplicity. I told the girls that I was typically into more neutral colors and she knocked it out of the park with this gray scale bracelet.
It was very interesting to see each of the ladies individuality come out in the bracelets overall. Like how different all three were finished. One just has loose string ends, one has an actual bracelet clasp and one has braided ties.
I have been wearing all of my bracelets ever since I got them. I wear all of them at once with some of my own creations to make a statement. I wear one individually for a simple, coordinated look on a specific outfit. And I have gotten many, many compliments and questions about them every time.

I love having these bracelets literally from all around the world and I am so glad I decided to participate in this swap.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. I'm glad you liked it (: I love the one you sent, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga