Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tying The Knot: Bridesmaid Dresses Inspiration

When J and I decided that we were going to have a winter wedding I immediately began thinking about colors. And what girl wouldn't! 

But winter was a little tricky. 

I knew I wanted an actual color. Not just black & white or silver or neutrals. But obviously not hot pink (or any pink for that matter). I am not a huge fan of golds or greens really so those two were out almost immediately. I began thinking about doing a red of some shade. Red-red, burgundy-red, wine-red.... all good options but I wanted to stay away from our wedding ending up too Holiday and Christmas-like. I want to embrace the season with pine cones and snowflakes and flickering candles next to the fireplace but avoid the stockings and Santa theme that's easily confused with wintertime. 

And that's when I figured it out. Navy it was! I want a true, deep, classic navy. 


I also knew almost immediately after starting to think about the reality of our wedding that my maid of honor and bridesmaids would not all wear the exact same dress. I definitely think the uniformity looks good for some weddings and some bridal parties but I knew I didn't want to do things that way with mine. I am having my maid of honor and three bridesmaids and J is doing the same number for his men but there isn't going to be anyone else in our wedding party so I knew I could do different dresses for my ladies without making it seem too crazy at the front of the room. 


I want each of them to feel amazing and beautiful and confident on that day. And I also want to give them the freedom to choose a dress that they love, that they may wear again someday and that they can spend whatever the feel appropriate on.

Now things are just ideas and inspirations in my head right now as I haven't actually talked to my ladies about their dresses, no dresses have been looked at in person, and it's still early along in the planning process. But, I cannot wait to start hearing what they've found, knowing what they're interested in and seeing what they end up deciding on in the future. And the process is going to start this weekend as J and I are headed back to CO for a long weekend to start getting things like this underway. Eeeee!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you to be here!!!

    PS. The dress in the middle of the first picture is amazing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Navy will be so pretty for a winter wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! My girls were in mismatched navy dresses when we got married and I just loved it. Have fun with all the planning!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga