Thursday, August 30, 2012

Today is Thursday

Things have been pretty dang normal around here lately. Nothing spectacular is going on, nothing too exciting and nothing deserving of it's own blog post. So here's a peak into life lately. 

+ Researching music for our wedding ceremony is hard. We aren't getting married in a church so I don't want things to be overly traditional. But at the same time I know I don't want to walk down the aisle to something too modern either. A good, classical piano piece that doesn't scream "wedding song, I'm a bride!!!" is tough to find. Any suggestions you've seen and/or used?

+ I went and did a swim workout Monday and yesterday after work and it felt amazing. My work facilities has a pool, hot tub, tennis & basketball courts as well as a gym and the only thing I've ever used has been the pool. I don't think I've ever mentioned it but I swam competitively from age 6 until I graduated from high school so being back in the pool just feels so normal again. 
+ Similarly, things are getting real around here when it comes to workouts. J's been having me lift with him some days and it's really pushing me. We even went and got some lifting gloves for me this past weekend and I shoulder-pressed 20lbs dumbells the other night!

+ J, O-dog and I are headed to San Luis Obispo this coming weekend to visit my sister's college town. Her and my mom are driving from Colorado to move her into her first apartment and we're going to be there to help move furniture and explore the town on a mini-vacation for the long weekend. I can't wait to get out of town for a little bit and see somewhere new. 

 + One of my gifts from my shower was an ice cream maker and in the month that we've had it, it's been used at least 6 times already! We love this silly machine. Our first and our favorite has been a variation on a strawberry ice cream that came with the mixer. We substitute fat free milk for the whole milk and splenda for the regular sugar making it still delicious but much better for you. I also tried to make a cheesecake that we really didn't like and then J has been making his own concoctions with almond milk and protein powder for his "manly ice cream". I think we might take my sister a batch when we go visit this weekend as a "house warming" gift. 
 
+ I'm super excited for my girls "date night" tonight with a really good friend. Most of the time our life is just J and I, doing our normal routine, taking care of things, working and being together as a couple so I'm really looking forward to some girl time. And happy hour appetizers and adult beverages of course :-)
 
+ I recently ordered us an adorable, custom return address stamp from Paper Clouds. I had been putting it off because we moved into our house knowing that we'd hopefully be moving in a few years so I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and then not be able to use it. But with wedding invites to address and plenty of other mail in general I figured why not! Plus we can always save it as a momento to our first home.
 
+ I also ordered our wedding cake topper! I knew I wanted something simple and elegant since we're not doing a huge traditional wedding cake and also something that I could re-purpose as home decor after our wedding. I serisouly cannot wait for it to get here!
 
Hope everyone has a splendid holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 'ello! I am lauren from pink on the cheek. I am looking to get a couple of bloggers together for a blog date in Orange County. Would you like to attend? Just find me at pinkonthecheek.com, talk soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga