Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tying the Knot: Post-Wedding Bouquet


I absolutely loved my bouquet for the wedding and knew I wanted to do something with it post-wedding instead of just tossing it in the trash. Especially since J and I decided not to use flowers in any of our wedding decor, the personal flowers we did get were that much more special. 

After the wedding was over my mom went to the venue the next day to pick up all our "stuff" and included in it was my bouquet that had kindly been placed in water overnight. For the rest of our stay at home it stayed in water in the fridge to keep it fresh. Once it made the trip back to San Diego I decided to hang it from fishing line in our coat closet to let it dry. It stayed in there quite a long time, mostly due to the fact that I forgot it was up there. Oops :-) 

Once it was completely dried I started on the project I was envisioning. I made a quick trip to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a pretty vase as well as some potpourri scents to mix in. I carefully untied the ribbon from around the stems and clipped both flowers and greens into a big bowl. I left some of the roses intact and separated others into individual petals. When I had enough to fill the vase I added about 20 drops of the lavender oil and gave it a quick, careful mix. 


I filled the vase, strategically placing certain items along the edges to be featured and then placed it on a shelf above our entertainment center along with our cake topper and lots of my favorite photos. The lavender oil makes it smell fabulous and now I have a memory from our wedding that I can see every day.

So tell me, what did you do with your bouquet after the wedding? Toss it? Save it? 

1 comment:

  1. I dried my bouquet and its in a shadow box with our wedding topper, announcement and other items :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga