Friday, July 12, 2013

Five on Friday v1

Today I'm linking up with Christina from Carolina Charm for "Five on Friday" 
Check out the link up below.


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG   
[one] Our new carpet got installed today and I looove it! Between ripping out the old stuff and DIYing the hardwood, it's seemed like the downstairs was a constant work in progress since we moved. The flooring adventure deserves a post for itself which I'll be sure to do soon but for now I'll be laying on the super soft floor for the rest of the day making carpet-angels.

 [two] J was out of town on his first business trip since we moved at the beginning of the week and I am a proud wife. We were lucky enough that his job in San Diego has let him work remotely from home so it made the transition much easier around the move. It turns out the trip this week went really well and he's all set up with tons to do over the next few months. I'm thankful for him and his motivation to support me financially as I can't work for the next while.

[three] This weekend I am headed downtown for a bachelorette weekend for a great friend. Jenna was in our wedding this winter and I'm honored to be in her's in two short weeks. We are going to have a blast celebrating her and her soon-to-be marriage and I can't wait for a bit of girl time!

[four] Being back in Colorado has been such a blessing already. Tonight we are headed to J's mom's house for dinner since his step-brother is in town and Sunday we're hosting dinner for my family since my sister is in town from college for the week. I love that we are involved in these types of things now that we're here instead of just hearing about them via Facebook and wishing we could join. 

[five] I start school in 17 short days and I cannot believe how the time this summer has flown by. Whether it's because of our disaster of a move or life just moving too quickly, I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump into school quite yet. I'm sure that a full week of orientation before classes actually start will help me mentally prepare for what's to come but as of right now I want to find a pool to lay by with a cold drink in my hand and a good chick-flick to read instead of thinking about med school yet.  

Happy Friday and happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga