Monday, May 2, 2016

Baby H: Two Weeks (times two)

I need to remember this season of life because goodness is it grand and among other things I've learned since becoming a momma 19 months ago is that this time is truly fleeting. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing home our first born and now we are a family of four and I want to remember it all. 
I need to remember how my heart grew in size (just like I thought it would) when I first laid eyes on my second son. I need to remember how it grew again when my first born met my baby. I need to remember how instantly connected I felt to this little boy.
I need to remember Mark's sweet voice saying "hold" and how he points out Patrick's tiny features. I need to remember how truly tiny these boys are in the beginning. I need to remember how Patrick's first spring was filled with more snow than sunshine.
I need to remember how much he doesn't look like his big brother. I need to remember how easy he is, just going with the flow of our family. I need to remember how he looks into my face with his grey eyes and how I feel like I already know him so well.
I need to remember how calm he is, content looking at the lights or out the window. I need to remember how sweet his snuggles are. I need to remember that it's okay to hold him all day and never put him down.
I need to remember that he was an early little bird but that he's absolutely perfect. I need to remember to push away shreds of stress because things are going to great this time. I need to remember how he hated the bath more than anything. I need to remember his sweet little face.
I need to remember the feeling of his little body tucked up against mine like it never left. I need to remember how amazing it is to be a boy momma to these two littles. I need to remember how handsome he is, perfect in his own way. I need to remember the ease that becoming a family of four really has been. 

It seems crazy that Patrick's only been in our lives for two weeks because I already can't imagine what life was like without him. He checked out perfectly at his two week doctors appointment and we are so proud of him. Our tiny one weighed in at 7# even and 19 3/4 inches which is quite a lot of growth! Breastfeeding is going the total opposite this time around... I've been so much less stressed about it, seems like I'm making plenty for our growing boy and remembering to give myself grace when things do have a hiccup now and then. It's amazing what a good nursing relationship can do for both momma and baby. I am so grateful to have all these boys to call mine. Life sure is grand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga