Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Currently [v10]

Reading: Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult and Boys Should Be Boys by Meg Meeker. Although if I'm being honest, I haven't picked up either in far too long so it's as if I'm not actually reading them. But just writing this has me motivated to get into them again.

Watching: all our favorite seasons of shows. It's actually a little embarrassing how many shows J and I record on the DVR but it's just our thing so who cares. On our current line-up is.... Law & Order SVU, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Scandal, and This Is Us. Then on my own I'm guilty of watching Teen Mom 2 & OG, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Counting On and Dance Moms.

Listening: to tons and tons of Disney. On a regular basis, Mark asks to listen to music through our Bose speaker at home and he's most happy when it's songs he recognizes which is most likely Disney. Just recently he's seen the movies Frozen and Moana so the soundtracks from both are the biggest hits right now.

Loving: being home with my boys for four weeks. After a month of demanding and out of town rotations I scheduled myself some "non-clinical/online" time so that I could be home. I'm acutely aware of how much life is going to change come residency in the summer so I'm soaking up every moment with these two as best as I can.

Hating: how easily I lose my temper with the boys despite my best efforts to enjoy the day-to-day with them. Between Mark's terrible twos and Pat's teething, it seems like one, if not both of them, is off every day and it gets hard sometimes. It's hard not to understand the toddler logic (or lack there of) when I tell Mark specifically not to do something and he turns around and does it. It's hard to be patient with Pat and his needing to be held or he screams when I'm trying to make lunch or change diapers etc etc. It's definitely something I am working on changing on a daily basis.

Drinking: not enough water recently but probably more booze that I should admit. All this stems from no longer nursing or pumping for Pat and while I know I should be better for my own sake, it is nice not having to worry about it so much anymore. I have a good app on my phone for tracking water/fluid intake and I need to be better about using it.
Wearing: Target workout pants and last years Broncos Superbowl shirt with a messy bun and no make-up. But hey, I did manage to get a shower today even if it consisted of putting both babies in the bathroom with plenty of toys while I sped through the process.

Needing: buttermilk from the store for homemade chicken nuggets, time for a mani/pedi, to schedule a doctor's appointment for myself, some husband and wife time this weekend.

Feeling: a lot of things, honestly. Anxious about residency match and a move for our family. Not to mention the feelings about actually being a resident so soon. Excited for graduation, on the flip side, and the end of this "chapter" if you will. And also the Mexico trip J and I are slowly looking into for just us as a celebration. Tired because teething, sick babies just don't sleep so well. Fulfilled from being home with my littles for the last 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga