Thursday, March 10, 2011

Because My Life is Boring

... I figured I'd update on where I've been, what I've been doing, why I haven't been crafty, why I'm basically just useless in general right now, and a few other random things I think you should know.....

[1.a] We had some awesome visitors here for the weekend.

[1.b] We laughed. We went to the zoo (one of my favorite places ever). I made new friends. We watched SDSU basketball win. We drank a few too many Cape Cods and fishbowls, which leads to my next point...

[2] I'm sick.... again. Which completely ruins everything. It makes going to class hard. It makes working all day hard. It makes studying, shopping, being productive in any way just plain hard. I hope it goes away soon.

[3] I've been working a lot of hours lately and I can't wait for Friday to be here. Because we all know what that means..... Pay Day! It feels so nice, beyond relieving, to be making money again.

[4] I decided it wasn't the best idea for me to go volunteer at Hospice tonight because I'm not feeling good so I'm hoping I can get at least something done today. My goals for the day are:
* Buy shampoo, pillow protectors, and breakfast food
(you know, all the essentials)
* Attempt to make my very first skirt
* Maybe splurge on a new OPI nail polish
(I've been wanting one from the new Texas line for some time now.)
* Do some of my dreaded reading for my classes
* Take the pup on a walk
(or at least to the dog park)

[5] I head to Omaha in exactly one week for my interview at Creighton Medical School and I'm a little nervous. I'll be traveling there by myself and staying with a student host (I hope) and I'll be there for about 24 hours total. I definitely have some research to do on the school itself and I need to prepare my interview answers a little more but fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

[6] Yesterday I received notice that I've been placed on the "alternate list" for admission at University of Colorado Medical School. This is both good news a bad news rolled into one so I'm not really sure how I'm handling it as of now. It's awesome news because alternate is way better than rejected. But it's unfortunate news because a straight up admission would have been so much nicer. Now I have to wait (hopefully not all the way until August 19th) to find out if I will be given a spot after all.

[7] I promise to be back on a regular schedule soon, as soon as my sickness goes away. But for now, be jealous of the 80+ degree weather SD is having today and wish for summer (because there's no such thing as the season spring in SD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga