Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life Lately

Things around here have been busy, busy, busy! Plus there are a few random things I wanted to share that didn't deserve their own posts so this is a bit of an update/random things I'd like to share. 

[+] J and I have been trying to get our butt's in shape for the last few months. Between wanting to be healthy and preparing for our wedding we've had some good motivation going. I'm actually very impressed with how often we've been hitting up the gym and how well we've (especially J) have been doing. I do some lifting workouts occasionally with J but most of the time I take one of the classes they offer, for free I might add. I go to at least 3 Zumba classes each week and I'm totally loving my yoga on Thursdays and Sundays. 


[+] The weather in San Diego has been hit or miss lately. Some times it's chilly and overcast with the occasional rain (which I despise!) or some times it's close to 80 degrees and I sit on the porch all day. I can't wait for the warmer weather to be here to stay. But it has been at least warm enough on average to allow my garden to start growing! When we were at Home Depot a few weeks ago I picked up some packets of seeds, two different types of orange Poppys, and they've finally started to sprout out of the dirt. I can't wait to see how they grow and hopefully they'll be easy to take care of. On the gardening note, we were blessed to have a rose bush just pop up in our yard. Our neighbors have rose bushes lining the fence and I guess one wanted to sprout on our side. At first we thought it was a weed and I'm so glad we didn't kill it. We've been nurturing it as it's been kinda scraggly but it's starting to grow too. The neighbors roses are the size of softballs(!!!) so I hope ours are the same. Can you say gorgeous!?



[+] Our Ollie dog is so sweet and so cute and has brought such joy to our lives lately. Especially for me after losing my sweet boy, Basil, I've really been cherishing every game of fetch and every snuggle this big guy will give me. His favorite yard toy ever is his Ollie-ball and it just cracks us up every time we watch him gallop through the yard with it in tow. When J was out of town last week for work I even let him sleep on the couch (which he's not usually allowed to do) in the evenings to keep me company. He is seriously the best dog and I am so happy he's in our lives.



[+] Wedding planning is still trucking along but now that we've gotten a lot of the big parts set in stone there's no rush or stress to be constantly planning, planning, planning. I'm very thankful that we got a lot done as early as we did so that there's not negativity surrounding our big day. Now that we have the files for our engagement pictures I have been playing around with different sites like MyPublisher and Shutterfly to make a photo book of all the images. I want to design a book with a simple layout and lots of white background space to use as our guest book. That way people can flip through our photos, sign some sweet words to us and we can kill two birds with one stone with the guest book. 

[+] We are expecting some visitors in the next few months and I am so thankful that our families are able to come visit us out in SD. First is J's grandparents are coming in this weekend, then J's mom and step-dad are coming in May and then my mom in June. Being away from family is one of the few negatives of living where we do so we are both very excited to have everyone come. Plus we've made some changes to the house that we can't wait to show off.

[+] If you couldn't tell, all the pictures on this blog are from my Instagram. I recently got a new Android phone that finally has the app and I love being able to share pictures so easily and hope to some day use the photos as magnets, photobooks, etc etc etc from the sites that I've seen floating around lately. But more importantly, if you have Instagram... follow me! Username: jaymeeryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga