Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Finish This v6

Thanks to Jen for the throw-back engagement picture idea!
1. I celebrate Valentine's day by... loving on my husband and spending some quality time together. Sometimes that means going out for a nice dinner. Last year that meant making a multi-course dinner complete with dessert at home together. This year we're celebrating a day late to eat at a reasonable time (one restaurant only had 2:45pm available for reservations) and avoid all the crowds (not to mention I might be a zombie on Friday night). It doesn't have to be big, as long as it's filled with love. 

2. My heart goes pitter-patter for... sweet notes, kisses on my forehead, dessert of any kind, a free night from school, my husband...

3. When looking for romance, my best advice is... take leaps! When I first met J, I assumed our "relationship" was just going to pan out into a summer fling. I was 18 and moving to San Diego at the end of the summer. He was 21 and already on a path through life. Not to mention we'd only spent 2 months together before facing quite a distance. But at the end of that summer I told him I loved him and that I wanted this to work. And here we are! 7 years, 3 apartments, 2 houses, 2 states, 1 silly dog and 1 marriage later. 

4. My favorite love story (real or fiction) is... besides my own, right?! Ha! Let's see... Dr. Mark Green and Dr. Elizabeth Corday from the TV show ER. Maybe it's because I'm still obsessed with that show or maybe it's because I'm in the medical field but their relationship and love story are my favorite. A great balance of power, real life struggles (thanks drama-tv writers) and filled with fake, TV love! Now excuse me while I try and find time to watch all the seasons again. 

5. The best relationship/love/dating advice I ever received was... make your significant other your number one priority. Granted, I'm not the best at actually following through with this as being a full time medical student definitely demands the top spot on the totem pole a good amount of the time. But it's something that I'm always conscious of and do my best to achieve. Hmm, maybe I'm finally finding my word (over a month late) for the year 2014... priority... 

Previous posts here: 


Linking up with these ladies (Nicole @ Three 31, Lisa @ The Coastal Chicsterand Becky @ The Java Mama, Jen @ The Arizona Russumsfor Finish This. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga