Thursday, March 27, 2014

Baby H: Week 13

I am currently 13w3d so this post is a few days late thanks to all the catching up I've been doing. 
Weekly updates will happen on Mondays from here on out as that's when my weeks change.

J and I made a decision early on in this pregnancy that we would wait until I was out of the first trimester before we made it public knoweldge that a babe was on the way. Fear is a crazy emotion and it doesn't help that I've spent so much of the last year learning about all the things that could go wrong which sends my mind into a tail-spin if I allow it. But I'm coming to realize there is no such thing as jinxing yourself into bad news. And while there was never any doubt in my mind that I wanted to wait, I would be lying if I tried to say there weren't moments when I just wanted to TELL EVERYONE RIGHT NOW because I was so excited. Thankfully there were a handful of people who have known for a few weeks so that's made the burden a little less but now the words out and I couldn't be happier.

This week has been great pregnancy wise (talk to me about med school and I'd have a different answer). I have been feeling great, haven't been overly tired which is always a plus and have been eating like a teenage-boy. My cheese craving seems to be subsiding and nothing's really popped into its place as of now. I'm currently in a phase where just the mention of a food that sounds good will have me drooling over it until I get my hands on it. Thankfully however I haven't had any changes in my weight for the last 2 or 3 weeks making me feel much better about my progress in this arena.

The baby bump is starting to show up for sure now although it's far from the "she's definitely pregnant" stage that unknowing people will be able to recognize. I finally gave in and bought a Be Band from Target that's been allowing me to unbutton some pants and help others just stay up. I wish I could say that I've made the transition back to the gym on a regular basis but that would be a big fat lie. Walks with O-dog and J in the evenings a few times a week have been all I've had time for which is unrelated to the babe in my belly.

Overall it was a great week and got even better after a successful doctors appointment with an ultrasound. Being able to peak in there and see how much has changed in a month is just amazing. I don't think I'll ever stop loving that. Babe was being feisty and wouldn't give us a profile shot for a good 20 minutes even with poking and prodding. A little extra wiggling finally flipped the nugget though and was followed by arms covering the face, mouth opening and plenty of sweet movement from our little one. Heart beat measured at 157 and we're thrilled to be another week into the journey.

Keep growing little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga