Monday, May 12, 2014

Baby H: Week 20


Holy cow we're half way through this pregnancy already! I cannot believe how the time seems to be flying lately!

The end of last week brought with it our 20 week doctors appointment and while I had to reschedule the actual visit part due to an emergency my doc had to be at we were thankfully still able to have our big anatomy ultrasound! And oh how sweet it was! We got to hang out with the babe up on the screen for about 40 minutes and it was so amazing to see. The tech took all the measurements, head circumference, femur and humerus lengths, abdominal width and it looks like this little one is measuring a week ahead of schedule already! Big kid! Baby's heartbeat was at 146. We saw four heart chambers, two kidneys, ten fingers, sweet little lips, brain tissue and even got a peak with the 3D scanner. We knew we were going to wait to find out gender with our families so I gave the tech envelopes with cards inside to write boy or girl and she made us look away when examining "that region".

I also learned at my appointment that I have an anterior placenta, which might be way too TMI for some people but I was actually comforted by it. Our tech explained that this likely has to do with why I've only been feeling somersaults instead of jabs from our sweet babe but as she put it "it's like punching a pillow in there." Plus I'd like to think that this fact is also contributing to my ever growing baby bump since comparisons to other bellies also at half way sometimes have me feeling huge.

Otherwise, for me, this week has been great really. I haven't had any dizzy spells since the last scary one but I'm still planning on bringing it up at my appointment next week. After a few horrible nights sleep I invested in some ear plugs and a face mask and have been sleeping much better recently. I still sometimes wake up at odd hours and have a hard time falling back asleep but I'll take what I can get. I'm up about 12lbs total which I'm okay with but also want to start moderating. I admit that I've allowed myself to indulge probably more than I should and the idea of gestational diabetes scares the heck outta me! So by no means am I going to limit myself if I'm hungry but I'm going to vow to make better choices when I can. Plus I'm getting to the point where I'm miserably uncomfortable if I stuff myself too much during meals so hopefully that will help me not do that too. Combine all of that with the fact that I hit the gym twice this past week which is a significant improvement and I think I'm on the right track for the second half of this pregnancy.

We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday by having both our moms, the future grandmas, over for dinner and a special treat to reveal our sweet babe's gender! It was such a fantastic evening and I can't wait to share this huge detail in Baby H's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga