Monday, May 26, 2014

Baby H: Week 22


After last week's stress related to the fact that this little boy is already quite big, I'm happy to announce that "I don't have the sugars" and am GD free! Such a relief! I actually thought the lovely orange beverage was basically just like Fanta soda syrup, not nearly as horrible as I hear some women say and even though it did make me feel a little funny during the hour I had to wait, it was a fine experience overall. Made even better by my celebratory milk shake on my way home from the doctors (oops) and normal test results the next day. Hallelujah! 

Everything else about this week has been great as well and I'm just loving this stage of pregnancy. I finally feel like I have a true baby bump although I've yet to receive any stranger comments about my growing belly (but I prefer it that way). Baby boy did join my friends and I for a day at the pool after an exam and I'm pretty sure I was getting lots of looks especially in my bikini. My belly button has officially started it's changes and while it's far from being an outie it's starting to get a weird appearance thanks to the remnant of a belly button ring from high school. I've also noticed a handful of times already that my belly will be lopsided depending on how he's positioned in there which is always a little strange. The stretch marks are still staying away, I've yet to have any swelling in my hands or feet and I'm in full blow maternity bottoms from here on out (minus skirts and dresses of course).

I'm also happy to report that jabs and kicks have become a daily norm finally and I'm loving each and every one of them. They're most commonly felt along the sides of my belly (probably due to my anterior placenta) but sometimes I can feel them towards my pants line or up near my ribs too. J's been able to feel him moving around more often and baby boy had quite the dance party the other night when J started singing made up nursery rhymes to my belly. I've been sleeping great which is always a blessing and have stayed at the same weight since my 20 week appointment and am very happy about that. I've also been dizzy-free for the last few weeks which is great news. I'm not sure what was causing it in the first place but I'm thankful it seems to be behind me now.

Over the weekend my mom and I got a start on the nursery by changing out the former bright blue paint for a more soothing "greige" and I couldn't be more excited to start making progress in there. For the next month or so it's going to sit empty because we're installing new carpet upstairs (yay!) but even having the paint finished is a huge step. J and I also ordered the crib which should be here sometime next week, ready to be set up for our little one. I only have three more weeks of the semester and can't wait to use the summer break to get the room officially baby ready!

I can't believe that about four months from now we'll be holding our son! The time sure is flying.

2 comments:

  1. This is super random, but I saw your comment on the baby boy giveaway. I think we're pretty close in due date with our first lil boys (I'm 9/23). It's such a surreal journey to be pregnant! Your little bump is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm due 9/22...not that it matters. Pregnancy brain is REAL. :P

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga