Monday, June 23, 2014

Baby H: Week 26

Another one bites the dust, another week that is. Why is it that summer break weeks seem to be so much shorter than weeks during the rest of the year, seriously! This week baby boy attended two BBQs in our backyard with lots and lots of friends and pork from the smoker. He "helped" the girl's team win in yard pong by helping me not "throw like a girl" (I think the boys were just bitter we beat them!) He attended his first concert with my mom and I. He was the only man allowed at some bachelorette party festivities downtown on Saturday night. He wiggled and squirmed like crazy during my first prenatal massage. And I absolutely love having his company every day. 

I've been feeling really great and it's such a blessing. Extra dry skin and lips have been a bit annoying lately but I'm trying to keep myself hydrated as much as possible and always have chapstick near by. My belly is definitely growing by the minute it seems and unfortunately that means so is my weight. As long as my doctor doesn't say anything about it I'm trying not to think into it too much but being up 18lbs already and still having a whole trimester to go, I sometimes can't help but want to quit eating all together. The one plus side to it all is that I have yet to see any stretch marks of any sorts yet and I am so thankful for that. My belly button is officially in creepy-land and moves in and out if I take big breaths or laugh really hard. I'm terrified of the outie I don't think I'll be able to avoid like I hoped. I've also started getting what I think is a bit of acid reflux. I've never had it or heart burn before but have noticed if I lay down too soon after eating that I get a strange burning/gagging feeling in the back of my throat that's just plain uncomfortable. It might be time to buy some Tums.

I've been loving the weather lately and the fact that it means maxis are the perfect outfit choice now. I think I was a bit naive about how my body would be changing thinking I could get away with wearing a lot of what was in my closet already but thankfully maxis and long tanks seem to be my saving grace. On a normal day-to-day basis I haven't had too many struggles finding an outfit that's casual to hang out in but it's definitely getting more tricky when I need to be dressed up. We have a wedding to go to this coming weekend and I have no idea what I'll wear since most of my dresses that still fit aren't formal enough for an event like this. Fingers crossed my closet spits out a dress I forgot I owned otherwise J might not be too pleased with a shopping trip in the near future. 

In other random news, I've been craving cereal and iced tea like whoa this week. A whole pitcher of tea and a box of Captain Crunch within a few days seemed like the best idea ever. We finally have new carpet upstairs now which means nursery progress is on the forefront and I can't wait! One of the most exciting parts from this week was getting started with baby shower planning with my mom. We officially have a date for the end of July, invites should be going in the mail by the end of the week and I'm just about done with all the finishing touches on our registry. Can't wait to celebrate this little man who just swiftly kicked me straight in the ribs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga