Monday, June 16, 2014

Baby H: Week 25


This week absolutely flew by! I seriously don't know where the days went. Now that might have to do with the fact that it was my last week of medical school for the semester (hallelujah!!!) so I was cramming basically every day but hey, another week in the books is all that matters.

I had my 24 week appointment on Friday and everything is checking out great still. Baby boy's heart rate was between 138-140 and my belly measurements were right on track. I was a bit disappointed that I'll have to do another 1 hour glucose test at the typical time point at my next appointment but knowing I wasn't even close last time makes this one significantly less stressful. Now to eat the pan brownies I made the night extra quick so I can be better about sugar leading up to that appointment like I did last time and we should be in the clear. The good news is that along with the glucose test we get an extra growth ultrasound next appointment to see if little man is still measuring ahead. I can't wait to see his sweet face again. Fingers crossed for my pelvis' sake that he's closer to normal size now otherwise I'll be in for a treat in September.

With the summer in full swing, it's all about baby things now. J and I registered for classes at the hospital and it definitely makes it real that yep, he is coming! We went with a New Parents Bundle that included childbirth, baby care, breastfeeding and even a daddy bootcamp. We might not be ready yet but I can bet these classes will do loads of good. In other good news, the carpet is going in next Saturday (!!!) which means there will be tons of nursery progress happening around these parts. And now that schools over too I can finally start on all my projects. I also just sent an initial invite list to my mom for my shower in July and am feeling extra blessed that so many people want to celebrate our babe.

Little man is a total wiggle worm in there and it makes me love him so much more each time I feel him in there. Occasionally my belly will be totally lopsided with a definite hard lump which I can only imagine is his rear end! If I give it a little push he ends up jabbing me somewhere else and eventually changes positions which totally blows my mind. He's definitely a little human in there and I just can't wait to meet him. Along the same lines, J laid his head on my belly one night in bed and started singing one of his favs, "Don't Stop Believing" and was promptly hit right in the ear numerous times. So, so neat! I can't wait to see the two of them together this fall. Only 15 more weeks until we're a family of four, Ollie included.

And for your viewing pleasure, outtakes from yesterday's "photo shoot". O-dog trying to take center stage and my silly husband's take on a belly shot. Can't wait to bring another boy into my heard of goofballs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga