Friday, December 26, 2014

Baby H: Three Months of Mark

 He... 

[+] weighs 12lbs according to our scale at home but we won't get an accurate weight or length measurement until his 4 month well-baby check-up in another month.

[+] turned 3 months old on Christmas day and celebrated his first holiday season with lots of family and lots of love. He has all these new toys to play with and could care less about any of them right now. Babies!

[+] is 100% sleeping in his crib and the transition went really well. We started with naps during the day to get him used to it and then decided one night to just not pull out the rock n' play. He sleeps along the short end of the crib (perpendicular to how you'd normally sleep in a bed) as I heard they like being near the walls so it doesn't feel so open. We also have a bath towel rolled up into a "U" under the fitted crib sheet that we set him in so when he turns a bit he doesn't feel so "free". Eventually we'll move him more and more to the center and remove the towel, along with someday removing his swaddle but for now I'm just happy with our progress.

[+] has giggled a handful of times, very briefly each time, and they are the sweetest sounds ever. I thought I loved his chatter once he found his voice but the giggles are so much better. The best ones have come from tickling his hips after a diaper change so now I tickle him after each one.

[+] has recently been sleeping from 8pm to 7/7:30am with a dream feed at 10pm when mom and dad go to bed. We are loving the extra sleep! He is still fussing a little bit around 6/6:30am but will usually go back to sleep as soon as we give him the paci and rock him a little. Today though he didn't make a peep until 7:15!

[+] is still a bit of a handful when it comes to feeds but from looking back on how it used to be, things are so much better in this department. He latches great and usually feeds well. The only thing that's still an issue is sometimes he's just not happy when he feeds. I think it might be gas related but sometimes he'll get so upset mid-feed that it's hard to calm him enough to help him get the gas out. I've also stopped being so worried about him getting enough since he is is clearly growing, is happy, and has a few rolls coming in which definitely takes so much stress off my shoulders.

[+] nicknames are Marky Mark, Buddy, Lovie, and Baby Boy

[+] likes: laying under the Christmas tree, sucking on his fingers, playing airplane and singing songs

[+] dislikes: tummy time... still, car rides (just recently and we're not enjoying this) and the nose sucker
 I... 

[+] still have moments where I feel like I'm failing at everything. Moments where school is taking up all my time and yet I'm not doing as well as I'd like to be all while sacrificing spending time with my sweet little boy. And I'm going to be honest and say that it's hard. It's hard to see your baby in 15 minute increments throughout the day just to be his food source. It's hard to put in so much work and not have your efforts be enough. But no one every said motherhood was easy all the time.

[+] have been on winter break for a week now and am loving being able to spend time with my little family. Every once in a while I wish there was another set of hands here to pass off the babe to when I need to use the restroom or want to paint my nails but then I get to snuggle my baby, take a bath with him and put him to bed every night and my heart grows in size.

[+] am starting to realize that everything I imagined motherhood being was so wrong. Motherhood is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. It's more tiring, more demanding, more frustrating. Sometimes I wonder how someone so small can require so much patience and have constant needs. But then there are moments of motherhood that are so much better than I ever imagined they could be. Seeing your husband play with your son, feeling little breath on my neck as my baby snoozes on my chest, those moments feel so much incredible that I ever imagined. I never thought a millisecond giggle would bring me to tears of joy. There's really no way to prepare to be a momma but it's one of the best titles I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga