Monday, March 14, 2016

The Cry Room: Little Man's Quilt (times two)

It was only fitting that baby brother get a quilt made with love just like big brother Mark did. I have such fond memories putting the blue quilt together, a little boy growing in my belly while I was working, that I had to do it again. Mark's quilt was used in my maternity pictures, his newborn pictures, his monthly updates and finally in his one year photo shoot and I love seeing it's bold pattern as a measure of how he's grown. I briefly contemplated making a quilt entirely different for baby boy #2 but when I thought about it, I much preferred to use the same pattern and simply change the color scheme. 

Since these boys are opposite season, I originally started working on this quilt over Christmas break. I had finished the top, quilted it to the batting and backing and it sat, until just last week, without the binding finished. What can I say, I've been busy! (And truthfully, dread binding most of all.) Just like the first quilt, the fabrics are all 100% quilting cotton with traditional weight batting in between. The front has 2 neutrals and 4 greens and is quilted along the borders of the darkest green triangles. The patterned fabric is the same on the front in green and the back in gray and since I was "short" a neutral color on the front I decided on a gray binding fabric instead of an additional green hue. 

These quilts have become one of my favorite baby items for each of my boys and now I can't wait to use this one in the coming months/years for our newest addition. 
 
 
You would think I'd have this pattern down now but I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes in my second quilt. Regardless there's just as much love for this sweet little boy and anticipation for his arrival. I'll be doing a full nursery post soon (enjoy the peak at his feature wall art until then!) but am thrilled to have this item checked off the list for his arrival.

And if you follow me on Instagram, be sure to check out #hollandboysquilts to see real life pictures of both quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga