Sunday, July 17, 2016

Baby H: Three Months of Patrick

He...
[+] weighs 13#9oz according to our scale at home but we won't get a length or head measurement for another month. Mark didn't weigh 13# until he was 4 months old so all this chunk on Pat makes me so happy!

[+] is officially sleeping in his own room and completely in his crib. He's been napping in his room from the beginning and we wondered if it would make him sleep better at night if he was away from us. We used the same method as we did with Mark to help him transition to his crib and it didn't take him long to make the switch. He's still swaddled which will be another battle to deal with I'm sure but it's working for now.

[+] goes to bed around 8:30pm, gets a dream feed around 10:30pm when we go to bed and usually sleeps until 7am! It's been glorious (and yet we still find ourselves tired some days, ha!). Some mornings he'll fuss around anywhere from 5:30 on but if he does it usually just means we rock him a bit and he'll sleep till morning. He hasn't gotten fed in the middle of the night in forever minus the one night he broke free of his swaddle and I couldn't get him settled until I fed him.

[+] eats every 2.5hrs during the day still and while I'd love to start spacing out his feeds to 3hrs, we're keeping it the same for the sake of my milk production. I'm worried about how transitioning back to "work" is going to affect my milk supply (on top of not feeding him during the night anymore too) so dropping a feed isn't something I want to do just yet.

[+] went to his first weddings this month and was such a good little guest. His first included a Greek ceremony in the church and he didn't make a peep which I was thrilled about because of how much it would have echoed. The second included a trip to Seattle where we got to play tourists for a few days on our first "vacation" as a family of four.

[+] is still a great nurser (most of the time) which I think is huge for my milk supply and my relationship with him. He's also started getting bottles as I transition back to med school life. We offer him 3.5oz each time which I think is on average what he gets from me and while he sometimes has a hard time taking the bottle, overall it's been a fine switch for him. Obviously I want him to eat well when I'm gone but it is nice he doesn't LOVE the bottle because it means he'll nurse well from me when I'm home still.

[+] nicknames: Pat Pat, Fat Pat, chunky, baby brother, Sir

[+] likes: baby talk, watching big brother, Ollie, his swing and bears

[+] dislikes: getting dressed, picking at his dry skin/cradle cap, being hit by his brother
I...

[+] have started back on rotations for my 4th year this month and it's been an interesting transition for sure. I'm in a pediatric clinic which is both good and bad for this momma. Good because the doc I'm with only works 3 days a week leaving me plenty of days off to spend with my little family. And also because his offices are close to home making the commute easy. Bad because all the babies in the office make me miss both my boys so much. And also because I'm getting spoiled with this schedule knowing I have a "typical" Mon-Fri rotation coming up that also happens to be an hour (or more!) away from home.

[+] am so glad I get to be a boy mom. There is not a single fiber in me that wishes I had a girl. These boys are so fun and so sweet and I know I'm going to learn so much being their momma. There will be lots of messes, plenty of fights and bumps & bruises, many adventures and I am so looking forward to all if it with these two. Not to mention I get tears in my eyes imagining dancing with each of them on their wedding days someday in the future!

[+] forgot what a pain in the rear postpartum hair loss is. The last week or so it seems to have ramped up and it's horrible. There are some times where my hairs been in a bun/braid for a few days and I shower and literally feel like I'm going bald it's falling out so much. I'm horrible at taking my prenatal vitamins which I'm sure would help but goodness gracious. Maybe I need a mom-chop?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga