Friday, April 23, 2010

on being somewhat less stressed but still busy

I have been completely MIA from everything in my life lately but once again, I am back. Finally. And when I say "from everything", I'm being completely honest. Obviously I haven't been blogging but that is just the start of things I gave up while spending my life studying. I finally gave in on Thursday and gave myself a pedicure because I was sick of looking like white-trash with such un-classy chipped pink nail polish. It's also been a good two weeks since I had any form of hair style that didn't involve pulling wet hair into a pony-tail. Similarly, I think I put on mascara, and only mascara, maybe once during my cramming-study-sesh. I've also given up wearing my contacts for the most part; I think my vision might have gotten worse in the last 2 weeks. Maybe it's caused from lack of sleep, tired eyes, a full brain, or just from stress but regardless, I've been seeing much clearer with my glasses.

This is where I've spent my entire life for the last 15 days... Day in, day out, till odd hours of the night this was where you could find me. Or in the RBR, but usually both. Please note the essentials that got me through the week. Plus the other random things that happened to stay on the table because I didn't have time or energy to put them away, like the random spoon? (yeah don't ask) And yes, my Nalgene water bottle has an awesome "sippy-lid" that helps me not look like a fool when trying to drink something quickly. I always manage to spill on myself and it's nice to avoid looking like a toddler, especially when you're drinking yellow Gatorade.
Overall consensus of the test: okay. I know, you can't get much more neutral than that but that's how I'm feeling about it. All I was looking for was walking out of the test and not wanting to break down. (I already did that once this week, thought about giving up and forgetting about being a doctor and I was simply looking to avoid that again.) I'm planning on taking the test a second time to improve my score so while I was definitely going to do the best I could today, I had it in the back of my mind that it was all going to work out eventually. Thank goodness med schools don't care if you take the test a few times as long as you show improvement between them.

After waking up early today I didn't want to do anything productive for the rest of the day. So instead of cleaning the kitchen that desperately needs it, or doing some laundry that's already piling up again, I spent the afternoon catching up on episodes of shows I missed. I watched a total of 2 "16 and Pregnant", 2 "Fringe" and 2 "LOST". And might I add, it was absolutely wonderful to have such a lazy day after the extremely stressful few weeks I've had. If only I had a glass of wine and this headache of mine would go away and it would be a perfect night.

Jeff and I are headed to San Clemente in the morning to get a little bit of a break from our normal lives and relax. I am very excited to say the least. I love that town and I can't wait to spend some time quality time together. I've severely neglected Jeff with all my studying, for good reason, but we both can definitely use this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga