Tuesday, April 27, 2010

on hating fixing things

+ It's official, I hate anything that has to do with fixing technical problems. Absolutely hate it. Like today, our internet decided that it wasn't going to run at normal speed. Not only that but it decided that instead of just being sorta slow on the pages that have lots of adds/pictures/links/etc, it decided to seriously not work. Like "take-ten-minutes-just-to-open-an-email" slow. Then when I tried to take matters into my own hands and fix the problem by restarting the router, it only made it worse. Now my lovely computer said I was connected to the airport network but would load and load and never get anywhere. I seriously wanted to throw the router at the wall it was so frustrating. And I wasn't going to call the internet company because well 1. I didn't have their number, I'd have to look it up online but funny, I couldn't do that anyways and 2. customer service people just annoy me. If anyone was going to call them it would have to be Jeff, he's much nicer to people in these types of situations. So the more time I sat here trying to get it to work the more pissed frustrated I was getting that I just started to unplug, re-plug, reset, push buttons, anything. I had no idea what I was doing and low and behold, it worked :-) But seriously, moral of the story, don't leave me with a non-functional router again. I'll attribute this time to luck and I doubt it would work for me again.

+ I went to Ikea this afternoon to purchase a cake pan because I want to make a cake but, as you can assume, I didn't have a pan. I have muffin pans and bread pans and brownie pans but nothing to bake a cake in. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in Ikea's selection of bakeware. Sure its awesome if you want to make a cake in the shape of a horse but I'd rather die first. (In case you didn't know, I'm terrified of horses) I ended up finding a circular pan, one of those spring-form pans that the bottom comes out of and figured I could make it work for a regular cake. Plus it came with an insert if you want to make a cake with a hole in the center, like Angel Food Cake. I'll update if and when I decide to bake and let you know how this pan works or doesn't.

+I also purchased the following 3 jars that just happen to be my picture for my "365 Project". I've always wanted to have a kitchen where everything has it's place with little labels all in coordinating containers. This is my start I guess. This sort of goes along with my cake-aspirations because I hate having flour/sugar in the bags they come in. It makes it really difficult to measure, you always end up spilling and its just not as visually appealing. Someday I hope to have the kitchen of my dreams and not just have 3 jars it taped on labels. Maybe I'll have jars for spices, and cereal, and coffee, and snacks all with vinyl stenciled lettering... the list goes on and on.

003/365
+ Lowe's can be a very frustrating place especially when you go looking for some soil. I purchased some of these white flower pots to put my new cacti in so they weren't so farmers-market-looking in their plastic containers. They are the perfect size to fit on the window sill and I thought I'd give my new green friends a treat to some new soil. But what do you know... Lowe's sells nothing smaller than 1 cubic-foot of soil. Seriously? I don't need 23lbs of soil, I needed like 3 cups of soil. Needless to say, I left Lowe's empty handed and plan on scoping the nearby flower gardens for some extra dirt I can "use." For now my cacti remain in their original soil but in new pots with a little more room to grow. Good thing they're hardy and aren't fussy like some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga