Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Color

This is the newest polish purchase for the summer so I thought I'd do a review. We always get a new color in the summer time because we have more time to do our nails and more time to show them off. (We is my mom, sister and I by the way, not the bf.) Ulta was having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale while I was at home so we jumped on it. The sale was for OPI, Essie, and Piggy Polish but unfortunately you couldn't get different brands. I personally love Essie polishes lately but they're colors were slightly "too adult" according to my younger sister. We decided on Piggy Polish from there because, well, OPI is more expensive than Piggy. Plus it comes with a cute embellishment which is always a good thing. Mom was treating so we were fine with the decision.

I've never owned Piggy Polish before so this was a new trial for me and I have to say I'm happy with it overall. I decided on Daylilly's and Music because it's a fresh, somewhat neutral, but still fun color. I own few polishes that aren't red/pink/golden so I figured why not change it up.

The polish is a little thin (or maybe I'm just not good at painting my nails) because I had to put on three coats for it to be the right shade. It gets that see-through look where you can see all the imperfections if you don't do three. I painted both my toes and my fingers because it's a great color for both. I love the mint-green shade and I'm very happy I stepped out of my "pink polish box." Piggy Polish gets two green thumbs up :-)

First Coat
Second Coat
Third Coat

1 comment:

  1. You're highlighted today on [Life of Meg]!! Yay! Thanks for mingling - I hope this brings you new followers! :)

    xo,
    Meg

    http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2010/07/weekly-must-reads-mingle-recap.html


    PS- LOVE that nail polish color!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga