Sunday, January 6, 2013

Immensely Blessed

I am beyond blessed for the people in my life and for the events that have happened recently. 

+ At the end of 2012 I married my best friend on one of the most amazing days of my entire life.

+ We rung in the new year in Breckenridge as husband and wife snuggling on the couch in the cozy condo as fireworks boomed outside. Even though I was sick as a dog (thanks to being out in the freezing cold taking wedding pictures) we had a great relaxing weekend to cap off the wedding festivities.

+ We spent the last few days getting all the chaos from post-wedding under control and spent time with some great friends. Its so encouraging to have friends who are in the same stage of life as we are (recently married and/or recently parents) to be able to talk with and get advice from.

+ Saturday was supposed to be our 18 hour drive back to San Diego but a huge change of plans happened late Friday night. Around 8 pm I got an email with an invitation to interview at one of the schools I applied to here in Colorado. Some last minute phone calls to work, some sacrifice from my amazing husband and I'm still in Colorado until my interview this coming Tuesday!

+ Not only did J volunteer to drive home by himself with Ollie tyesterday so that I could stay here and get the earliest interview date possible but when I was trying to tell him how thankful I was for what he was allowing me to do, all he had to say was how proud of me he was. He is such an amazing man, sacrificing an 18 hour car ride alone and pushing me towards my dreams.

+ And to top it all off, I'm here with my mom spending time with her while still getting text messages from my new in-laws about joining them for dinner or pumpkin pancakes in the morning. J is gone and I still feel right at home with them and I couldn't have asked for a better new family.

My heart is so full of love and joy and hope for life that I sometimes find myself wondering how I got so lucky. I cannot wait to see what life has in store for me individually, for J and I in our marriage and for our family in the coming year. Here's to 2012 with everything amazing it brought and to 2013 for what's to come!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting married and for the interview! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of this! So excited for you. :) Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga