Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies

I thought I would take a break from wedding recap posts for the weekend and instead introduce you to one of my new all-time favorite cookie recipes! 

Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are seriously to die for! The sweet-salty combo is one of my favorites right now and when combined with a chewy oatmeal cookie, it's like heaven in a bite. Seriously. I told myself I was going to bake these and then take half into work so that I wasn't as tempted. Let's just say the whole tupperware is still on our kitchen counter. Oops!

Oh and I forgot to mention one minor detail. Look at this beauty J and I got as a wedding present! It was on my registry for my bridal shower as my "one expensive item" and I didn't end up getting it. Well the two lovely ladies that threw my shower for me decided to go in together and get the mixer for us for the wedding a few months later! I absolutely love it! (especially since it matches my red toaster!)


Alright, alright, back to the cookies! The original recipe is from here.

Ingredients
3/4 c. unsalted butter
1/4 c. cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. quick cook oats
1 large (9.9 oz) bag Pretzel M&Ms



- Melt butter in small saucepan and heat until browned and nutty. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place cream cheese, egg, sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda and salt in mixer and mix on medium until combined. (1-2 min) Add butter and mix to combine.
- Smash M&Ms in ziplock bag using rolling pin until coarsely broken. Combine flour, oats and candies in bowl. Fold into wet mixture from above using sturdy spoon.
- Place tablespoons of cookie dough on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten cookies slightly with fingers. Bake at 350 for 10-12 until bottoms are golden brown.


Let cool on rack for as long as your stomach will allow. Serve with milk and EAT!


Now that I've officially become obsessed with these cookies I've already started thinking what other candies I could substitute for the Pretzel M&Ms to make another variety. Peanut M&Ms? Something with caramel? The options are endless. 

Happy Saturday and happy baking everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! I'm always on the lookout for new things to bake so think I'll definitely have to pin these :-) Have you had a blog redesign too? It looks great, simple but effective and I love the splashes of blue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga