Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tying the Knot: Wedding Dress Shopping Details

Now that the wedding is over (gah, I still can't believe I'm saying that) I figured I would go back and fill in the holes and overall vague-ness that were my wedding dress shopping posts with some actual details and pictures! 

If you want a refresher, head on over to the original posts. 

To make three posts short, there had been a total of four dresses in the running during my whirlwind two-day search for the perfect dress. 

Dress A
Exactly what I had thought I wanted coming into the store. 
Somewhat fitted. All lace. Sweetheart neckline. A little bit of sparkle. 
My logic, A-type personality almost made me get this dress because of the fact that it had been in my head the entire time. The question of How could I possibly stray from the dress that I had envisioned? kept popping into my head.

Dress C
Not quite perfect but at David's Bridal you can't beat the price. Unless, like me, there is so much you would want to change about the dress that the alterations price drives up the overall cost. I really liked the train and the overall lace. I would have had to add a sweetheart neckline and remove that tule edging around the bottom. 

 Dress D
Very, very similar to the first dress. Similar cut with sweetheart neckline. The lace faded down the dress, the buttons went down the entire back and I wasn't sold on the color of the waistband. 

And finally Dress B, the winner! 
You've already seen a sneak peak at my dress in our wedding photos I've posted but these are the pictures from the actual day of shopping. 

If it hadn't been for my amazing consultant, I would have never tried this dress on, fallen in love with it and walked down the aisle to my husband with it on. I got so many compliments on it at our wedding and felt absolutely amazing wearing it the whole night. 


I am still so thankful for the quick shopping I did at home with some of my favorite ladies and I couldn't have dreamt of a more perfect dress for me. 

4 comments:

  1. They're all lovely, but the one you decided on is definitely my favorite of these! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is incredible! you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress B is gorgeous! Is it tasky to ask where it's from/who it's by? Congratulations on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping for your wedding dress will be one of those special moments that you will never ever forget!
    All the dresses were stunning but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your chosen special dress! Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga