Monday, August 18, 2014

Baby H: Week 34

I had a bit of a nervous moment on Friday night as I had some tightening of my belly along with a significant amount of pain that ran along the low, left side of my belly and had me quite freaked out. I think I've experienced a handful of Braxton Hicks contractions over the last few weeks and this was nothing like them. The pain was pretty significant, it happened about 4 times and would ease up in between. I grabbed my water bottle and chugged it, laid down on the couch on my left side and gave myself 15 minutes to see if they would go away. Thankfully it stopped and hasn't happened since but I'll definitely be bringing it up with my doctor at my appointment on Friday. Fingers crossed it was either a fluke due to dehydration or something simple like gas because it was not fun.

I have thankfully stayed the same weight the last week but definitely know the belly is growing. My skin has been extra tight and extra dry but swelling and stretch marks are still staying away. I had a sad realization one morning that a few of my actual maternity tops aren't going to fit for much longer. Let's hope the rest of my wardrobe can keep stretching otherwise I'm at risk for turning into the girl who alternates between two outfits. One thing I don't think I've ever mentioned symptom wise is how awesome my hair, nails and skin have been since I've been pregnant. I haven't had any of the usual skin blemishes I used to get, my hair grows faster and doesn't fall out as easily and my nails grow like weeds without their usual peeling/cracking. I scheduled a hair cut for the end of the month just to make sure I get a trim in before the baby-craziness starts and I'm hoping to treat myself to a mani-pedi sometime between now and then too. Now let's just see if I can find the time!

I did a load of baby laundry consisting of a few newborn sized items, a bunch of 0-3mo clothes, all the hats and socks we have plus the slew of swaddles we'll wrap our little man up in and I loved it. I've partly been avoiding doing too much of this type of prep because we aren't sure how big our little boy is going to be so I'm trying to keep tags on things as long as possible incase we need to exchange them for other sizes. But I couldn't help myself from doing one load (plus it was a good study break). With the fresh items out of the dryer I have officially packed the diaper bag for the hospital with the items for our babe. Knowing now what he'll come home wearing (nothing fancy or coming-home specific) makes me so excited for his arrival. 

Over the weekend someone we know delivered her baby boy at just 29 weeks weighing just barely 2 lbs and hearing news like that put things into perspective for me. As much as I feel uncomfortable, stressed, over being pregnant, exhausted and ready to meet our son at times I realized that my body knows exactly what it's doing to grow our babe and how important it is for that process to be complete. Its been easy for me to whine to J in the evenings, to complain about rib pain, to get annoyed when I'm woken up by kicks and jabs, to feel bad for myself that I'm tired all the time. But as this journey comes to an end I'm trying to remember how precious this time is, having our little boy all to myself to make sure he's healthy and strong and I realize that every moment of this process, the good and the bad, are so worth it for a healthy boy in the end. 

Baby boy, please know how much you mean to your dad and I already. Please know we will do absolutely anything for you, now and for always. Please know we cherish you, want only the best for you and couldn't be more excited to meet you. But also please know you can take your time, grow exactly the way you're supposed to and come into this world when you're ready. We want you to be as healthy as can be even if it means we don't meet as soon as we'd like. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga