Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Baby H: Week 35

We are officially to the point of weekly doctor’s appointments and the one this past week checked out just perfectly. My belly has been measuring exactly on for a long time, which just blows my mind that it’s that predictable. I know variations of a week or so are still normal but every week she tells me, “fundus height is 34(or whatever it might be), which is exactly what week you are”. Baby boy is officially head down which she pointed out by identifying his little booty poking out by my ribs. His heartbeat is consistent around 140 and he’s growing like crazy in there.

On Sunday night we attended our last wedding as just a couple before our little man arrives. It’s crazy to think about these types of things, the types of events and parties and celebrations that will involve three of us instead of just two from now on. We have a wedding at the end of October and our little man will be sure to attend.

The wedding however, wasn’t totally a positive event though and actually turned into quite the scary event. The massive flooding CO had last summer had destroyed part of the main highway we had to take to get there which means a section of the road was basically down to the dirt, super slow speed limits and really bumpy conditions. On the way there my belly started feeling a little funny in these few miles but on the way back funny turned into a belly that was solid as a rock and super painful. Welcome to my first experience with contractions.

The rest of the drive was spent feeling pretty miserable. I couldn't get comfortable in the seat. I had intense pain in my low back that wouldn’t let up even once my belly was soft again. Every bump in the road made my entire torso hurt and between the start and once we were finally home I ended up having what I believe were three other contractions. We got home, I chugged some water and laid down and thankfully that was the end of the ordeal. It’s definitely something I’m going to bring up at my appointment this week because it was definitely worrisome. 

Otherwise the rest of the week was uneventful. A few days of feeling absolutely great with rolls of arms and legs in my belly. A few days of being super uncomfortable as this little boy decided to play diving board with my ribs. The diaper bag is officially packed for the hospital, now if only I could make myself pack my bag and we’d be all set. We have contacted a photographer and scheduled our maternity pictures, which I’m so looking forward to. I can’t believe that we essentially have a month left! For some reason thinking about it in terms of having 5 more weeks seems so much longer than thinking 30 some odd days. We sure can’t wait to meet this little boy who’s already stolen so much of our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. You look so great!! I loved hitting the stage of weekly doctor appts! Even though time was passing so slowly, it seemed to help only having to wait 6 more days until my next appt! Time will fly, promise!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga