Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Cry Room: Nursery Reveal

While I'm sure there will be changes we want to make after his arrival in under two months (holy cow!!), I can finally say that our little boy's nursery is complete! It might have taken me all summer and involved lots of help from J and my mom but this room has easily become my favorite place in the whole house and I am absolutely in love with it!

Here's a glimpse of what we started with, first when we visited the house before it was even ours and during the process of getting rid of the incredibly blue paint. When I found out I was pregnant I knew immediately that this would be the future nursery (largest spare room, closest to the master) and that the paint color needed to go! Regardless of gender I knew I wanted something more calming, something our little one could grow up in for years to come without having to worry about trends or changing the paint color again any time soon. This was also my reasoning behind keeping the "theme" of the room to a minimum. I wanted furniture pieces that could be used for either a boy or a girl, for future kiddos down the line and even in different rooms of the house.
Once we found out the little one in my belly was a boy I thought about what I wanted the finished product to be. Lots of different shades of blue mixed with pops of yellow and orange. Bright but not overwhelming. Fun and interactive without screaming baby. Pattern mixing and comfortable and filled with items that mean something to us and our family. And this is exactly what his nursery has become! I absolutely love sitting in here with my feet up dreaming about how our life is going to change so much.

I plan on doing a separate post entirely that has information about where we got everything in his room as well as tutorials for anything that was DIYed but for now I'll let the pictures do the talking and explain some of my favorite pieces in the room. 
The duck in his crib is a special memento to my dad and this fluffy one was gifted to our little boy at the baby shower by a long time family friend who knew about the tradition. The blank canvas in the wall collage will eventually have a large wooden letter glued to it, painted blue, that's the first letter in our little boy's name (no spoilers here!). J made the giant abacus above the crib completely from scratch and I absolutely love that he took the time to make something so labor intensive for our son. The pictures in the room include canvases of our little family so far (J & I in Mexico and Ollie in the yard), a little picture of the grandpa I hope has met our sweet boy already and baby pictures of the two of us. The book wall is by far my favorite and contains tons of the actual books I read when I was little. 

I am thrilled with the results and cannot wait until the room's littlest occupant makes his appearance! For now, Ollie's using it as his favorite new napping place.

1 comment:

  1. It looks soooo good! I love the color scheme and the abacus over the crib! I have never seen anything like it in a room before, great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga