Monday, September 8, 2014

Baby H: Week 37

Hello Full Term! Baby boy, we did it!

This week moved right along which is always a plus as it means we're one week closer to meeting our little man. I feel like my belly is growing exponentially lately (along with my hips, legs and butt it feels) and the itchy/tight skin I have is the proof. But I'm still stretch mark free! I'm up around 32lbs but the gain has definitely slowed in the last few weeks probably because it's harder and harder to stuff myself and really eat very much throughout the day. And to top it off my heartburn is raging full force and is especially bad if I overeat so I try and avoid it whenever I can. Thankfully a few Tums usually does the trick in making it go away. I'm sleeping great still and only have to get up once during the night for the restroom. Braxton Hicks contractions have started increasing but thankfully I've been able to avoid the painful, real ones like I had a few weeks ago. It's amazing to me that my body is already starting it's "practice rounds" for when the time comes. The only real negative from the week is that my lovely husband decided to come home from a bachelor party weekend unable to walk with an ankle swollen to the size of a grapefruit and bruised as all get out. Between him and I we went to a doctor's office every single day last week and we're meeting with an orthopedic surgeon today. Please cross your fingers his high-grade full thickness tear doesn't need surgery because we don't exactly have the time for that before it's baby time!

My doctor's appointment this week was fast and all good news. My blood pressure has increased some from it's extra low state to a bit closer to normal and my belly is still measuring right on track. Baby boy's baseline heart rate is in the high 120's now and he is head down, ready to make his exit whenever that might be. My group B strep results came back negative which is great news and since my blood type is positive this means I don't have to get anything "extra" on delivery day. We talked with our doctor about her policy on induction and have our fingers crossed extra tight now that little man makes an early arrival because 40 and 4 just sounds miserable!

It's been a "cross things off the list that originally seemed so far away" type week and I'm loving it. I officially have a car seat base in my backseat ready to be checked by the fire department sometime in the coming week. My doctor placed a note in my file to call her specifically should I go into labor from here on out. The pack n play is set up in our room and there's a place in our kitchen now for bottles and baby supplies. My breast pump has been ordered through insurance and I have nursing wear shipments that should arrive sometime next week. Since the nursery was finished before I went back to school there aren't too many "nesting" type things left to take care of so I guess this is my way of finding things to do.

I've carried this little baby of ours for 259 days... that's over 8.5 months and basically all of the year of 2014 and I can't believe we're finally here at full term. I can't believe I was pregnant all of the spring, all of the summer and into the fall. I can't believe how much my body has changed in the last 37 weeks and how much I've been able to accomplish at the same time. I can't believe that I've been so lucky to have so few bumps in the road and am so close to a healthy baby. I can't believe any time now I can officially become this little boys momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga