Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby H: Week 38

One more week down, how many more to go!? It's insane that every part of life has turned into a "... last time before baby" question. Is this the last weekend before baby? Is this the last football game before baby? Is this our last dinner out before baby? Is this my last update before baby? 

The belly is large and in charge and I often bump into things (no pun intended) like the side-mirrors of our cars in the garage, the pantry door, etc etc. It's actually quite comical. This is the first week where I've noticed the belly getting in the way or making it impossible to do things. There's no way I could even think about painting my toes anymore, putting on my tennis shoes makes me out of breath and taking laundry out of the washer is such a joke now. Not to mention little man is dropping lower each day making even my stretchy maternity shorts no longer fit (let's pretend my shorts above are buttoned/zipped even the slightest bit and not actually wide open, okay). I'm still relatively swelling free, still lacking stretch marks, and still have a smaller appetite most of the time. 

My doctor's appointment this week included my first check and I'm happy to report that things have started progressing. I was 2-3cm, 80% effaced and little man is at -3 station. Granted I know that "progress" really means nothing in terms of predicting when labor will be but figure, at some point or another I have to go from 0 to 10 so any movement along that scale is in the right direction. My doctor seemed very pleased and even told us "I'm here until tomorrow night so maybe you'll be coming in before I leave" as we were finishing up. I would sure love to not make it to my next appointment with her!

Overall it was a good week, fast which this prego appreciates. Based on how things are hopefully going to pan out with school I'd love if this little boy decided to show up sooner rather than later. Or if it must be later I'm hoping it's over 40 weeks (I can't believe I just typed that). I had an exam on Friday morning and have another on my actual due date so basically the closer to an exam he decides to meet the world the better. I have started ramping up the "eviction notice" old-wives tales as much as I can now in hopes of coaxing him out of his comfy home. I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea in the mornings and walked as much as I could over the weekend. I scheduled myself my last prenatal massage gifted to me by my favorite med-school ladies and might indulge in a pedicure sometime this coming week in hopes of some pressure points being activated. I know that most of these things aren't shown to have any certain effect but I figure it can't hurt. My hospital bag is officially packed, we figured out how to work the car seat and had our maternity photos taken so now we're ready and just playing the waiting game. Every time I see my mom she leaves by saying "see you at the hospital!" which I hope comes true soon.

I put together this time-lapse and thought two things at the same time. Holy cow it's amazing that my body is growing our son and holy cow I want to feel skinny again! All the more reason for this little man to come meet the world already.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! And you sound like you're progressing really well. We had our little boy on Friday at 38 weeks 5 days and two days prior to that I wasn't as far progressed as you. Good luck, it could be any moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you look wonderful :) Though I imagine that in the final stretch you want to get baby out immediately. Enjoy this time (as much as you can), get sleep whenever possible, and can't wait to see pictures of the little munchkin!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga