Monday, December 28, 2015

Baby H: Week 22 (times two)

It was officially Christmas week around here and I'm constantly thinking to myself about how lucky I am to have everything I do. My husband and our sweet Mark boy plus a healthy pregnancy with baby boy #2 is really all I can ask for. Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not giving this boy the same attention I did for Mark but he sure is starting to make me not have a choice. His movements are so much more often and so much stronger than Mark's were and I feel them all over my belly. I swear the other day he even had hiccups already!

I think I've officially hit the pregnancy stride that is second trimester and I'm thrilled about it. Sure I've had a few nights of not so good sleep (which might also be from a toddler with a cold) and my low back sometimes hurts depending on how much I've tried to do during the day but on a regular basis I'm really feeling great. Still no stretch marks or swelling and I can occasionally fit into some of my non-maternity tops which is always a self-esteem boost. The one negative thing that seems to be lingering is not being able to stomach too much spice. My head tells me I want it but it disagrees with my body, that's for sure. Whether it's heartburn and a stomach ache the same night or all the way to throwing up the next morning I sure hope it doesn't stick around after this boy arrives. 

Interestingly enough I've started to crave everything citrus just like I did right around this time before and Mark has been happily sharing Cuties with me since they're basically all I can get right now in the middle of winter. I also seriously crave sugary cereal and while I've always been a big dessert gal, ice cream has been the front runner lately. I probably ate the baby's weight in party potatoes and homemade mac n cheese from Christmas dinner and the leftovers but I'm counting it equal to all the alcohol I couldn't consume. Logical right? With all that said however I'm avoiding the scale and it's actually quite freeing. I do plan on being better about what I'm eating after the holidays are all over but I figure I'd be doing the same thing pregnant or not so enjoy little boy.

The last few days we've made some great progress prepping the house for our newest addition and I even did some serious work on the quilt for this little boy that's the same pattern as big brothers just a different color scheme. I can't wait to share! The room that will be Mark's big boy room is officially empty and as soon as his dresser arrives we're going to switch him and make the nursery a blank slate. I have supplies for a crib sheet and changing pad cover in line at the sewing machine and hope to find curtains and other decor items soon. We'll need to get his crib ordered and buy a new mattress and we'll have some major items checked off the list. 

In less than 4 months this boy is going to change our lives forever, making me a momma for the second time and a permanent boy momma, giving daddy his newest little sidekick and turning Mark into a big brother instead of our baby. We sure can't wait to smooch you little man!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a lot done! I am pregnant with my second as well and I can totally relate on this baby's movements being so much more stronger and not little flutters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got a lot done! I am pregnant with my second as well and I can totally relate on this baby's movements being so much more stronger and not little flutters!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga