Monday, January 4, 2016

Baby H: Week 23 (times two)

Another week of baby brother growing in my belly and another week where I'm already so excited to meet him. I can't believe we're under 4 months already, it seems so soon! 

I finally jumped on the scale this week and I'm up about 15lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight which actually tracks right along with where I was this time with Mark even with the holiday binge-eating I've been doing! Thankfully our Christmas cookies are almost gone and J's trying to be better about eating too so we should be back on track now. With rotations about to start again we can get into our normal routine of making dinners at home instead of eating out and there will be fewer reasons to "celebrate" in the coming month or so. Plus I got an awesome new Ninja blender from my father-in-law for Christmas and I've been making myself green smoothies for breakfast (which Mark enjoys too) and I'm still craving all things citrus making snacking much easier.  

Mark has officially vacated baby brother's nursery and I was able to make a good amount of progress in there while on break. There are new curtains on the rods even though they need hemming. There's a new changing pad cover and crib sheet awaiting the arrival of the new crib. I've found some awesome decor items and J and I have been brainstorming the big feature art piece for the newest little boy. My sewing machine was also busy making his little lovie blanket and finishing everything except the binding on his triangle quilt. I can't wait for the room to really be ready for this sweet boy. 

In other pregnancy news I've been feeling all the aches and pains the last few days which could be from the seeming explosion of this bump or also from the bit of exercise I've been trying to do. My SI joint has been flaring up again and anything with spice is giving me heartburn almost immediately. But then I feel a roll or a series of kicks or notice my belly is already lopsided from holding this new baby and the negative thoughts of being uncomfortable are instantly gone. 

Baby H, I never doubted that my heart could love you, that I'd feel the same way about you as I did your big brother but it still shocks me with how much you already mean to me. I hope you hear me when I whisper quietly so only you can hear how much I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga