Monday, February 15, 2016

Baby H: Week 29 (times two)

We have officially moved to every two-week appointments and this past one went swimmingly. My belly is measuring right on track, no one said a word about my weight gain and baby boy's heart beat was ticking right along at 145. I believe he's head down because she found his heart beat low on my belly and hopefully he stays that way. And the best part is that I passed my glucose test with flying colors. I knew deep down I didn't have anything to worry about (much like how it was with Mark too) but it's always stressful thinking back on all the dessert you've eaten and having guilt for it. At my appointment I mentioned all the frequent Braxton Hicks contractions I've been having (basically all day every day) and she just told me to keep an eye on them getting more painful or having more than six in an hour. She also is great and lets me schedule a ton of appointments ahead of time and at this point I'm scheduled out till April, which will most likely be baby month (!!!), and that absolutely blows my mind. 

At this point with Mark we were gearing up to start our baby classes at the hospital and even though we've chosen to forego any new classes this time around, I hope to sit down with J sometime in the next month or so to chat about it all again. My labor with Mark was quite the doozy because of how fast it was and I want to make sure we've briefly chatted again about what we need from each other as my due date approaches. We've also briefly talked about the game plan for who will come be with Mark & Ollie as we welcome baby brother which helps settle this momma's heart. 

Symptom wise this week hasn't been anything out of the ordinary. I'm still my usual exhausted self by the end of the day but thankfully I've been sleeping decently minus the shenanigans our toddler has decided to pull the last week. My ribs have still be jab-free which helps make up for my entire pelvis always being so sore. I'm still stretch mark and swelling free and fitting into a handful of non-maternity tops to stretch (literally) my wardrobe. Sometimes I notice that I really have no appetite, in fact as I'm writing this I realized I haven't had anything to eat since breakfast and it's after 2pm, but I'm really just trying to listen to my body about what it needs. I'm still turned off by pieces of meat, still drinking lots of milk and still getting heartburn if somethings too spicy/I stuff myself too full. One thing that's definitely different this time around is how much more I notice my belly being in the way and it all has to do with Mark. Giving him a bath, rocking him to sleep, carrying him around when he's needy etc etc etc really take it's toll on my growing size. 

I've been working this week on helping make decisions about the little "baby sprinkle" the grandmas are throwing baby boy and I in about a month and hopefully after that I'll be motivated to finish getting ready for his arrival. Buying diapers, washing newborn clothes, filling drawers with essentials, picking up summer clothes since he's off season from big brother. And hopefully sooner rather than later J and I can decide on his middle name making that process complete. I also have a prenatal massage gifted from Christmas that I need to schedule, maybe the beginning of April? Its crazy to think we have less than 77 days left until we become a family of four! Gosh I can't wait to meet this new little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga