Monday, February 8, 2016

Baby H: Week 28 (times two)

Hello third trimester! Holy cow! I can't believe we're already to this stage and am reminded over and over again how quickly time seems to be flying. I have my doctors appointment at the end of this week and then we move to two-week appointments which is insane. Officially being in third trimester makes it that much more real (as if I needed other reminders besides this growing bump!) that we'll have two little boys of our own so soon. 

This past week included my birthday which was a nice celebration. Although I wish it would have included a glass of wine or a dark beer I felt very special marking another year off the calendar and made sure to indulge in plenty of dessert. J and I enjoyed a nice dinner out followed by a movie and we continued the celebrating through the weekend. I got a pampering mani/pedi, we took Mark to his weekly swim lessons, I got a decent nap which is always a bonus and we enjoyed dinner (and homemade cherry pie) with my mom. My birthday always falls around the Super Bowl which meant we had some of our good friends over for the game and I was able to make a big pan of homemade mac n cheese which baby boy has been asking for for weeks! Not to mention celebrating a Broncos win! 

I think nursery prep is officially complete for baby boy as I finished his feature art piece last week and finally found the perfect decor items I was searching for. I still need to finish the binding on his quilt but after a fabric mishap it is officially back on the to-do list for sometime soon. We are STILL waiting on Mark's new chair and hopefully it comes soon so we can get both rooms complete. My mom and I have been chatting briefly about a little Baby Sprinkle the grandmas are throwing baby boy and I and I'm looking forward to celebrating the newest addition to our family. I have no idea when I'll get around to pulling the bins of teeny-tiny clothes from the basement along with all the "baby gear" but I have a feeling it'll still be a while since we're usually so busy.

Overall though it really was a good week. I think I finally had a week where I was complaining less and actually enjoying being pregnant more! I think I've found my groove as to what triggers my uncomfortable-ness (too tight pants, no support of my belly, being too full, etc etc) and have thankfully been sleeping better which just makes for a happier momma. Looking back at my Mark posts I realized how happy my ribs still are with this boy as he is low, low, low! I'm still swelling free but my feet tend to hurt quite a bit depending on how active I am through the day. My wedding rings are starting to get the slightest bit tight so we'll see how long they stay on. And by far the best parts of the week are all this little man's movements, seriously it seems like he's constantly up to something in there. This week his rear-end/back has been hanging out to the left of my belly button and he's been dancing his feet and swinging his arms like crazy all along the right of my belly. I feel him stretch and roll and sometimes my whole belly shakes/quivers and I wonder what he's up to in there. Maybe I'm just more in-tune with it but it seems like he moves so much more than Mark ever did which is fabulous because it puts him in the front of my mind all day long. I love this little boy with my whole heart and I'm thrilled to be one week closer to meeting him on the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga