Monday, February 29, 2016

Baby H: Week 31 (times two)

At the beginning of this week I got some good news about how things will work out with school when this little one makes his debut. Today I start my second month in Family Medicine and then have a month of Psych after that. I'm set to have my core rotations end a mere 9 days before my due date which is perfect timing (assuming he doesn't come any earlier than that!). Since Mark was 4 days early I'm thinking this little boy will arrive somewhere between my 39th and 40th week. I will then get 4 weeks completely off which is actually a plus since I had this much time with Mark but was also doing a few other things at the same time. Then I'll get 4 weeks of board studying for Step 2/Level 2 so while I'll be involved with that I'll at least be home and can snuggle/feed my new boy and set my own schedule. So this takes us basically to July and I'm not sure what the end of summer/beginning of fall will entail but this is at least a step in the right direction.

Symptom wise this week has been a bit better than the average and I'm very thankful for that. I got some OMT done for my poor aching pelvis and while I'm still pregnant so by no means 100%, any help is greatly appreciated. I've been drinking at least +70oz of water every day which I can tell is helping even if it means I have to pee all the time. I've been sleeping okay (minus Saturday night which was a nightmare!) and have noticed that I don't really have much of an appetite during the day. The decreased appetite is actually comforting though given that I am up close to 25lbs already with two more months to go but this is right where I was with Mark and everything turned out fine. I've been wanting a lot of Mexican food, ice cream and tart beverages like lemonade and orange juice. I'm still swelling free, my wedding rings are still on and I think I have a new stretch mark above my belly button.

My doctors appointment this week was short and sweet with everything checking out as it should. Little man's heart beat is as strong as ever, my belly is measuring right on track and he is for sure head down (which I could have told you with all his hiccups in my lady bits!). I mentioned again that I've been having quite a good amount of Braxton Hicks contractions still and after a few suggestions/warnings from my doc, she said "we really just have to get you 4 more weeks and then I don't care what happens" which is absolutely mind blowing! I hope he stays in there longer than that but I guess anything is possible.

I don't know if I'm just emotional stressed, thankful, overworked, tired in general or if it's magnified by being pregnant but I have been all over the place in terms of emotions lately. I'll find myself laughing so hard I'm in tears after we've finished dinner, Mark is running wild in just his diaper giggling his head off feeling so thankful for what my life has become and then within an instant a switch flips to feelings of anxiety about how things are going to change and how nervous I am about being a momma of two. Sometimes J and I will be chatting, he'll look at me and ask if I'm doing okay and it's all I can do to hold back the tears because I feel like I'm at the limit of what I can handle. I'll sing Mark to sleep in his room at night, his body somehow perfectly sized to lay right around my growing belly as if my lap would be too small otherwise and I'll end up soaking the top of his head with tears because of how I know in my heart my most important job in this life is being these two boys' momma. Basically I feel like I'm crying all the time. So if you see me make sure to have some tissues and be forewarned that I'm basically a hot mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga