Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Art Dealer Teal-er


Did you know that September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month?
Did you know that the color teal is the awareness color for OC?
Did you know that you should paint your toes the color teal right now, I mean after you finish reading this, to help bring awareness and save lives?

Well now you do.

To show my support I decided to paint, not only my toes but also my fingers in the traditional bright teal color. Realistically any shade of teal will do (OPI has an awesome Ski Teal We Drop color that is a little more subdued) I just figured Go Big or Go Home right?
So I picked up my new teal nail polish and painted away and I hope that people notice. Because that's the point.

Friend: "Oh I like the color of your nails/Wow your nail polish is bright/etc etc"
Self: "Yes, thank you. It's to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Teal is their color."
Friend: "Ovarian Cancer huh?"
Self: "Yep, let me tell you about it...."
* OC effects over 25,000 women in the US every year and is the 5th leading cause of cancer in women
* 75% of OC cases are diagnosed too late, the cancer has already spread and treatment is unlikely to help
* 93% of OC patients that get diagnosed earlier are able to survive it
* There is no test or screen to detect this form of cancer (not even a pap smear) so you must trust your instinct and see a doctor if you have persistence of any symptom

Symptoms
- Bloating
- Pelvic and/or abdominal pain
- Frequent or urgent need to go #1
-Having a hard time eating
-Feeling full quickly

Remember, you MUST see your doctor if you have any of these symptoms daily for more than a few weeks because early detection is crucial to the treatment of the disease.

So go out there and help save baby makers and the lives of women around you.
The information I have listed here as well as more can be found at the Teal Toes website.
And they even have a huge list of teal nail polishes in many brands incase you don't know which one you want to use.

4 comments:

  1. I just painted my toes teal the other day with OPI...I think this is such a great idea. Painting my nails as we speak.

    I love your color though. It's great to see so many participants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Mingle Monday (I know, I'm way late. Thankfully the linky is open until Wednesday!) That's a great color & such a good cause. I might have to look into some Art Dealer Tealer. It matches my bathroom, actually. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I did not know about this but I love anything that supports cancer awareness so that means that I now have an excuse to go buy myself a teal nail polish! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same nailpolish!!! I am going to go paint my toes RIGHT NOW. Great. post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga