Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Top 2 Tuesdays

Today I am too unmotivated/tired/have nothing interesting to say/have way too many other things that need to be written to write my own creative post. So instead, I thought I'd give you a quick update on things in my life and then play along with "Top Two Tuesdays"

1. Ollie isn't growing quite as fast as before but he's definitely turing into the best little dog. He's much darker than his original white puppy fur and his paws are large and awkward. He's learning his manners and is totally chill just hanging out with us in the evenings.

2. I spent the weekend getting stuff done around the apartment. I wish I could say that I got out and enjoyed the day
off yesterday but, sadly, I didn't. J took me to see Eat, Pray, Love on Saturday night so I was very happy about that. I really appreciate it when he does something specifically for me. I knew he wasn't stoked on seeing it but he did anyways and that's why I love him.

3. I have officially received four, yes FOUR, secondary applications for different medical schools that I have applied to. That means I've gotten replies from all but one school and to say that I'm excited is an understatement. I can't believe this is all happening so quickly and that I'm fortunate enough to get so many. Getting them finished and sent off is my top priority for the next few days. Now I know that it doesn't mean I'm actually in anywhere yet but hey, it's the next step in the process.


Top Two Favorite Things About Fall

1. Starbucks:

I love the variety of the Bucks all year but I specifically love it in the fall. Fall means Pumpkin Spice Lattes, cuddling up in a cozy chair with a good book and a grande hot drink, knowing that it's soon acceptable to order Peppermint Mochas with all their calories, and the best.... RED CUPS! It's so hard for me to walk by the two locations on campus, not to mention the three or four I drive by to get to campus, and not stop in for something that'll warm my heart. A good latte has a surprising effect to make classes fly by or help me pay attention when I just want to be somewhere else. Oh, red cups, where are you?

2. Thanksgiving: And not just because of the food. Okay, well the food is definitely up there on the list. I'm a sucker for a good stuffing, turkey with lots of black pepper and pie. But not pumpkin pie, no thanks to that. Give me a warm slice of apple pie with a little whipped cream on top, sigh.... my stomach is growling at the thought. But more importantly, I love Thanksgiving because we get to see our families. For me that means a good trip back to CO and a lovely, much needed, break from the semester. Plus Thanksgiving time means that Christmas is just around the corner and it's appropriate to put up the tree!

Hope you all are enjoying the changing seasons and the start of fall.
(even though it's technically still summer, oops)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on hearing back from all those schools!

    And great top 2 picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the medical school stuff! Good luck with all of that!
    We just posted about our fall favorites today! We included pumpkin scents and holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the award I gave you on my blog!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I owe the three of you a huge THANK YOU. Thanks for the encouraging words about my med school process and thank you for my FIRST ever award! I'm so blessed to have such great ladies reading my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayme thanks for finding my blog! I love yours. So cute! I worked at Starbucks a few years ago, & red cups were the best... also the Fall line up. Delicious. I hate eggnog. But it is delicious with chai! Also congrats on med school!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga