Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life of a Pup

I've learned to love being outside on our porch except when the screen is shut on me and I can't get back in. There's always people walking around and cars driving by for me to watch and I love the cool fall breeze that's just started in the evenings. Maybe some day I'll have a bigger porch to play on.
A few weeks ago we took our first family trip to DOG BEACH! I was a little scared at first because there was a lot going on that I wasn't used to. Tons of people, lots of dogs running around/at me, sand, water, waves, etc etc. Mom and Dad were very excited to bring me but also a little nervous that I'd freak.
Luckily they had nothing to worry about! I loved it! I'd run through the water and jump over the front of the waves. I was so entertained with the ocean itself I didn't even need a toy to chase. I was soaking and sandy in no time. I have to admit though, I'm not a fan of going completely under the water. A couple times I was caught off guard by a huge wave and had to actually swim.
Sometimes Mom drives me up north during the day to meed Dad for lunch from work. I'm a great car rider still, I just sit in my seat and look out the window. I love going new places because I get to see to many new things, I'm very curious you know. We sit outside while I try to eat their Panera and all they'll give me is ice cubes.... Really though, I can't complain.
If there's ever a pinch and we're out somewhere and I'm bored without a toy, I'll be easily entertained for hours with an empty water bottle. Just please remember to take off the label because soon I'll shred it anyways. My jaw is getting much stronger now and I can completely flatten any size water bottle now.
I also like to chew on the end of my tail. Sometimes I'll chase it in circles which makes Mom giggle. But sometimes I just want to chew it so I'll roll around getting tangled with my legs. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt me, it just makes my tail a wet whip for a good while afterwards. Dad doesn't really like it very much but I think he's getting used to it.
Speaking of Dad,we love to wrestle. (Most of the time I win, but don't tell him that.) Mom likes to wrestle too but I'm getting a little to big now for her so we usually just cuddle. I think hats are fun and I try to take off his when he gets home from golf. Dad loves it when I climb all over him.
I also learned to climb into this chair. It's much smaller and less sturdy than the other furniture I climb on so I was a little hesitant at first. But once I was up in it, I didn't want to get down. And aren't I just the cutest thing in the world? Now if only we had a campfire to sit around.
I am officially 16 weeks old (about 3 months and 3 weeks) and I weight a whopping 42 lbs now. Mom struggles to pick me up but luckily I'm more independent now so she doesn't have to very often (only when I want up or down from the bed). I eat about 4.5-5 cups of dog food a day and am pretty much housebroken at this point. I'm a very happy, mellow, sweet dog and I know my family loves me.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute puppy!

    My dog loves water bottles as well, they make toys now that you put an old water bottle in so it makes that crinkling sound...they have cows and a turtle. Super cute!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Mingle Monday and had to comment on your adorable puppy! Aren't dogs just the best? I think it's so funny that you can buy them all the expensive toys you want, and in the end water bottles and paper towel rolls are what they love!
    www.poorisnewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is beyond adorable!

    What a great looking pup!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga