Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day #2


This is the second post from my 30 Day Challenge....

Something you love about yourself

__________________________________________________

I love that I can be hard on myself and be content at the same time. I know that sounds odd... why would I want to beat myself up and criticize myself instead of giving myself inner encouragement. And how can I be happy if I'm always striving for more.

I am just about to start my final semester at SDSU, in fact I just now (like 5 min ago) applied for graduation for the spring. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone but I know for a fact that I wouldn't be where I am today, I wouldn't have accomplished everything I have and been able to dream so big if it wasn't for my never give up mentality. I never stop something I start, in all types of circumstances. I will graduate with my BS in Cellular & Molecular Biology. I have finished all secondary applications to the best of my ability for medical school. I rocked my first interview of the season. I will continue to put my relationship with J at the top of my priority list. I will get to the gym as often as I can. And just as importantly, I will take the time (scheduled into my busy life if need be) that I want for myself.

Being tough on myself gives me confidence. It makes me realize and remember that yes, I did everything I could have possibly done. And I try to always remember, when I'm cramming for finals, worrying about money, upset, stressed, hurting or lost, that I am the best I can be. I am the best girlfriend, student, daughter, friend, confidant, applicant, and self. More often that not, my plate is filled to the brim with responsibilities. (Even on my last few days of winter break I've been making to-do lists) But I take pride in knowing that it's filled with things that are a priority to me. And by accomplishing everything I set my mind to I know that I am pleasing myself and only myself in living the life I want to have.
__________________________________________________

I know you're supposed to do this challenge 30 days in a row but hey, this is my blog so I'll do it however I like :-)
In case you missed Day #1, here it is.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome that you are so confident in all that you have done and always strive to be the best person you can be! Good luck with you last semester and the med school applications process!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga