Friday, January 28, 2011

Thankful v1

I am thankful....

+ that it's Friday and I don't have class or work or anything specific I have to get taken care of today. It feels nice to have a day to myself to watch reruns of ANTM and maybe do some crafting.

+ for the interview that I have with Panera on Sunday morning. I really need a job since I only have class Tuesdays and Thursdays and could always use more moneys. Wish me luck.

+ that I took one of these bad-boy mondo hair clips (they're about as big as my thumb, for reference) and some scrap fabric and made something cute for my hair. I constantly pull one side of my hair back and this looks much better than a few plain bobby pins. Plus it cost me a total of $0.25! The pack of four was a dollar and I used fabric I already had.


+ I also made this braid headband while I had the hot glue and felt out. I've been trying to not use heat (aka blow dryers/straighteners/etc) on my hair lately so this is a perfect way to dress up a messy bun.
+ that I have made such amazing connections with the people I work with at Hospice. Every week I feel like my volunteering is appreciated and recognized by each and every person there and it makes it that much more worth it. I have had some awesome experiences there and hope to continue making memories and strides in health care.

+ that my birthday is in officially 8 days! A whole day just for me? Yes please!

+ for an easy semester this spring. After studying for the MCAT and then studying some more last spring and then working on applications from about the end of June until the end of December, it's nice to have time to relax. There's nothing I have to do or should do. There's nothing pressing on my mind or stressing me out and I am beyond thankful for that. Thank you 9 units of class, let's make it a great end to undergrad!

+ that I found a nail polish I bought a while ago and completely forgot about! How does that happen? Finger Paints "Hue Left A Message" is a sparkly mauve-pink with white sparkles. I like that a single coat could be fairly sheer to use over another polish and that three coats can make it opaque to wear alone.

+ last but definitely not least, for my amazing little family. I love spending time with my two boys and I couldn't be happier. J has been so amazing to me lately I feel like I'm falling in love all over again. And our Ollie boy is such a perfect angel and I can't imagine our life without him now.

3 comments:

  1. I love your hair clip! And what are you doing for your birthday?? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair clip and nail polish are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clip and the headband. What a great idea!! Oh and happy early birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga