Monday, April 21, 2014

Baby H: Week 17


Things are moving right along and I'm happy to say nothing's really changed in the last week except for my growing belly. I'm still wearing all non-maternity clothes with minor adjustments like my BeBand and hair-ties on the buttons and the weather is shaping up to allow me to wear shorts, skirts and dresses soon which I can't wait for. I've been craving all things sour and gummy and was thrilled to death when J came home with a box of Sour Patch Kids and a bag of Lifesaver jellybeans for me to enjoy while studying for my last neuro exam of the year! Hip hip hooray!

Our doctor's appointment at the end of last week went great which is always fantastic news. Baby's heartbeat was measuring at 147 and my doctor seems to be very happy with how things are progressing for me. I haven't mentioned it before now but we absolutely love our doc. We were recommended to her by the wife of someone I go to school with and I'm so happy it worked out for us. She's really outgoing, jokes with us during our appointments, keeps things real and I feel like I really connect with her since I'm in med school. At our appointment she asked what my next course was and she joked with us about how "it's probably a good thing your doctor read that whole book cover to cover, huh?"

I still keep convincing myself that I feel the baby move but think I'm just psyching myself up over a bit of digestion movement. Oops! I've been slathering my belly with lotion as much as possible to hopefully avoid stretch marks even though I know their genetic and no amount of lotion will prevent them. I'm pretty sure my mom never got them so fingers crossed I get lucky too.

We've been game planning a bit for the summer because we're planning on getting new carpet upstairs finally before redoing the guest room into the baby's room. It's definitely going to be quite the project as their's a lot of square footage up there and a lot of furniture to move around but I'm looking forward to being able to make progress with the nursery once the floors are done. I've been pinning ideas, checking out cribs and game planning paint colors and I can't wait to start. I've also started looking into strollers and carseats and think I'm set on the Britax B-Agile travel system. I like that the stroller is 3-wheeled for easy moving but isn't so bulky like some of the "jogger" strollers are. I'm leaning towards the black color but wasn't sure if that would be hot for the babe in the summer time? Maybe tan would be a better option.

Can't believe we're already almost done with April. Only 5 more months till baby time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga