Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby H: Week 18


For the last week it's been harder to get a good, solids nights sleep and if you know me at all you know how frustrating that is. I'm definitely an 8+ hour girl or else I'm crabby so it's been an adjustment for sure. I just can't seem to get comfortable sometimes and find myself awake in the middle of the night unable to fall back to sleep. If anyone has any suggestions besides investing in a cali king bed with hundreds of pillows I'll gladly take them

My growing belly is starting to fluctuate to the "she's pregnant and not just chunky" stage which has brought with it belly rubs from other people. Let me just say I assumed I wouldn't mind it but that first one really turned me off. Wait a second, this is still my body, not just a growing site for the babe that's in it. Hopefully the bigger my belly gets the more comfortable I get with other people's hands or I'm gonna have to figure out a way to avoid it. Also on the top of the list of things I hope to avoid is the outie belly button. I have an irrational fear of "turkey's-done" belly buttons on prego bellies and hope that mine being so cavernous pre-pregnancy will be on my side. I'll settle for coming in even but don't want it to stick out. Yuck!

This past weekend J and I were able to spent the entire two days together and it was so fabulous. School's been a bit easier since neuros been over and we took full advantage of it. Yard work, lots of errands, a long walk with the pup, a game of Monopoly after lunch, cosmic bowling and watching hockey with friends in the evening. It was fabulous to spend so much time with my husband but my body was paying for it afterwards. Low back pain has been popping up here and there for the last week or so along with round ligament pain. My hamstrings and butt we're so sore from being on my feet and walking so much more than I'm used to. I guess this belly of mine really is making a difference!

18 weeks definitely feels good. I like being significantly into my second trimester instead of just barely past that landmark. It's comforting. This week has brought with it a total of about 10lbs of weight gain overall, occasionally itchy skin on my belly, and cravings for all things juicy fruit related. Oranges, juice, fruit smoothies, yumm! I'm loving being pregnant and actually loving seeing my body change for this little one. Most of all I love knowing we're getting that much closer to meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga