Sunday, January 31, 2016

Baby H: Week 27 (times two)

I said it a handful of times to J this past weekend but I seriously can't believe we only have one more week till third trimester with our second baby boy. Where has the time gone?! I'm in shock almost that we're already so far along, it seems like I should just be barely pregnant (or just have an infant Mark!) let alone being this close to d-day. I've been having ALL the prego-hormone emotions recently about this possibly being my last pregnancy and lets just say, sometimes I'm a hot mess. We're most likely stopping at two littles but I don't want to close that door forever just incase but thinking about this being the last time I feel my child roll inside, the last time I'll experience labor, the last time I'll snuggle my own newborn the moment they're born.... yeah I better stop thinking about it or I'll bring on the tears. 

Switching gears entirely, I've been having crazy dreams the last week or so but thankfully sleeping a little bit better overall. I'm not sure if the dreams have anything at all to do with being pregnant but it's strange none the less. They're not "scary" necessarily but just very vivid, seem to last a long time and I remember them for quite a while after I've woken up. I'm actually feeling less uncomfortable this week which is definitely a plus for this momma. My ribs are still feeling great, baby boys kicks and jabs are strong but not painful and it seems like the braxton hicks contractions have eased a little bit. I am however having the worst pubic symphysis pain, like literally painful to even the slightest touch and shooting pains when I stand up from sitting on the floor. My SI joints are feeling totally normal again and I only get jabbed in the cervix a few times each day but man this PS pain is the worst.

In other random news, I'm still eating Cuties like they're going out of style and have heart burn on the daily! I'm still turned off from large portions of meat and still eating my fair share of sweet treats. I've been much better about drinking water this week which is hopefully why I've been feeling better too. I'm up 19lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (and for comparison purposes, was up 18lbs at 26 weeks with Mark) so I'm happy with that even though I find myself large and in charge some days. I can't tell if I have a new stretch mark or if it's just the old one but the top of my belly button is looking mighty strange lately. Baby boy, who we so often already call by his first name (!!!), seems to move all day long and especially when I'm trying to put big brother to sleep as if to say, "you're squishing me!"

I got some (unofficial) good news with regards to time off when this boy makes his arrival and I'm thrilled, to say the least. One of my good school friends is also expecting (and due just about two weeks after me) and she had a meeting with school about "maternity leave" and shared the info with me. Assuming things go as planned and both baby and I are healthy, I'll basically get 12 weeks to spend with my boy and I couldn't be happier. Granted 8 of those weeks are likely to involve some work (because who am I kidding, I'm still in med school) but it's turning out to be a lot less involved than I expected making it so I'm home the majority of the time for those first few months. I will have to take a short (i.e. 48hr) trip to Pennsylvania for an exam when he's about 6ish weeks old which I'm nervous about but overall our timing with this boy couldn't have been more perfect. Any mommas with advice about pumping while traveling, flying with breast milk, etc etc tips, please share!

Here's to our last week of second trimester, little man! I'm so lucky to be on this journey with you and to be your momma.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, almost to the third trimester! You look beautiful! Here's my pumping while traveling advice: (1) Make sure your hotel has a fridge (preferably with a freezer compartment to keep your ice packs cold). (2) Expect the TSA guys to think your breast pump is some sort of explosive device and ask to see it (this has happened to me 4 out of 6 times that I've flown with it). (3) Give yourself plenty of time to get through security (they'll have to individually test each container of breastmilk). Other than that, just bring a bunch of milk storage bags that don't leak, a sharpie to label them, and a soft-sided cooler (soft-sided so you can squish it in a suitcase on the way there) with an ice pack (and bring a big ziploc in case you're not able to keep the ice pack frozen, then you can just fill the ziploc with hotel ice).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga