Wednesday, June 23, 2010

on being matchy-matchy


When getting ready for my day this morning I picked out my favorite Gap Jean Shorts (because they're super comfy, the perfect length, and the perfect size) and a simple red tank from American Eagle (because it's a bright color and easily worn by itself). I decided to pair it with my Invisible Children bracelets, one in white and one in red, to accent my outfit. These bracelets are awesome, simple and different. I love being coordinated, I think it really ties the whole thing together. I was headed out to Starbucks to make some serious progress on my autobiography.




I slipped on my Old Navy flips and made a mental note, "am I being too matching right now with red flip flops?" And I decided, "Nah it's okay..." I grabbed my computer, my planner, my charger and my handy Free Handcrafted Beverage coupon that I mentioned here.







Packing up my computer, I realized, wait a second, my computer case is red too... maybe I should ditch it... I figured I wasn't going far, I could carry it by itself from my car into Starbucks.




I never go to Starbucks without my lovely Cold Drink Cup but didn't realize until I got there that what do you know, it has red too! I love the festive straw that came with the cups around the Holidays but seriously... more red? I got over it, enjoyed my free Venti Iced Carmel Macchiato, nonfat milk, extra carmel and attempted to write. I've been having some significant writers block lately but was able to get some good planning done as well as a little bit of actual writing. The air conditioning was blasting inside so I eventually had to head home to warm up a little. Plus I needed a break from attempting to be creative and my stomach was growling.


I step outside and what do you know, my car is red too. I never even think about it on a normal basis but now, everything from my whole day is the same color. And oddly enough, red's not even my favorite color. I decided, I'm not going anywhere else today until I change something about my matchy-matchy outfit. And to think it was all accidental. I felt like a little kid who's mom dresses them for the day. There are many many pictures of me where my shirt, the huge bows in my hair, my tights and even my shoelaces were the same exact color... but that was when I was six.... not twenty-one.


What do you think? Can you be too coordinated as an adult? Should I have stopped at the red flip flops? Has anyone else had a day like today... or am I the only freak odd one?

1 comment:

  1. I love being matchy-matchy :) I think it's super cute, and red just so happens to be my fave color. I think that yes, as an adult you can go too far - but I don't think you quite pushed the limit with this! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga