Friday, June 25, 2010

on feeling free

1. I went to yoga yesterday afternoon.... I think I'll be back. I've done it a handful of times previously but there was something about yesterdays class that was different. I'm not sure if it's me being in a different place in my life that made me appreciate it more. Or it could be that I'm way more stressed out that I was so I need it more. Or it may be that the teacher was able to instruct the class better/differently than before so I enjoyed it more. But regardless of the reasoning I thoroughly loved it. I don't know if I'll ever be a yoga master or if I'll "find my soul" stretching on a mat but as long as it keeps giving me a fresh start and a relaxed feeling like it did yesterday then I'll keep going. I left with such positive energy and felt like I had already accomplished so much for the day.

2. Maybe it was the positive feelings overflowing from yoga but volunteering last night at Hospice was a real joy. I really felt like I was making a difference last night. Even if it was just in relieving the House Aid by running errands and picking up dinner I felt like I was supposed to be there. And what's even better, I was offered a letter of recommendation for med school by the volunteer coordinator without even having to ask for one. I was in the right place at the right time and really felt like I was being thanked on an individual level. I also think I might stop by the local library and check out a few new Chicken Soup for the Soul books. I forgot how inspiring those books are. I got the chance to read a few stories to one of the patients last night and loved how they made me feel and how she smiled at the end of each one.

3. I made some serious progress on my paper today. A few hours at Starbucks later I had downed a bunch of iced coffee and was really rolling. (PS- if you don't have a registered Starbucks gift card, you need to get one. I recently made it to Gold Level, whoo hooo, which means I get FREE refills on all iced coffee and teas. Can you say sweet!?) Some parts were really hard for me to write, I wanted to give up or move on instead of write what needed to be said. But I was motivated enough to get through it and write. Not only for the sake of including anything that's made me who I am but also for my own comfort. I do admit that I ended up removing some of what I wrote but even just to get it down on paper, well technically on the screen, helped me. I never thought writing about something would make me feel this relieved, free, and rewarded.

4. I'll leave you with this image of what we saw on our late night Taco Bell run last night simply because I think it's hilarious. I know they're required to put up a sign about height clearance for trucks and what not, but how clever! How could a car duck? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yoga is so wonderful for stress. I too am starting to very slowly get back into it and it does motivate you for the entire day.
    This paper could really end up being therapeutic for you in the long run :) I’m glad your making progress.
    Your blog is such a joy to read, I was so sad when I thought you were gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it. I know I've been MIA lately (again) :-/ but I'll be back soon. Hope you'll stick around till then :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga