Thursday, June 17, 2010

on summertime

What best describes my mood right now? I'm pretty sure this video sums it up perfectly!

I am so extremely grateful that I can finally relax and enjoy summer. It's like tomorrow is the start of a completely different life style compared to the one I've been living since March. When they say to study a total of 300 hours, it really is true. But for now... no more studying, no more "there's something else I need to memorize", no more libraries, no more practice tests, no more MCAT. And even though it seems like there's always something that needs to get done (my 10 page autobiography I haven't started, my application, desperate job hunting, planning to move) I am taking great comfort in being able to spend my days choosing what I want to do. And simply, if that means nothing, then so be it.

On the list for tomorrow: getting a much needed hair cut trim. I desperately miss my long hair; I can't believe it's been over a year already since the big chop! My pup also needs a bath so we're taking him to the laundro-mut :-) As for the rest of the day... whatever happens happens. But for goodness sake, it's summer and I deserve a break!


PS: I'm sorry that my consistency in blogging has been, well, inconsistent. Given that my life was previously consumed, I doubt anyone would be interested in the "adventures" I was having. Does anyone care that there was a screaming child for 30 minutes in the library on Tuesday? Does anyone care that I tried to go to bed at 9:30 all week because I was so exhausted? Yeah, I didn't think so. BUT, since I will now have more free time than I'll probably know what to do with, I promise to be better.

PSS: Thank you to anyone who actually still reads my poor attempts lately. My blog may be pathetic but I appreciate you none the less.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jayme! Here from Mingle Monday! That is a great idea she has! Your blog is cute. I also am inconsistant about blogging - but I don't freak out about having a blogging schedule - I blog when I can and when I have a passion to share something - not because I feel I have too!

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingle Monday sent me!:o) How do you like laund-ur-mutt? I've been thinking about trying it, the fact that I wouldn't have wads of hair in my bathtub makes it appealing to me and my pups:o)
    Looking forward to reading more!

    PS...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE the laundro-mut! My pup is a Golden Retriever so he has lots of shedding hair throughout the year. Not only do we not have to deal with the hair in the tub but they also provide a dog-sized hair dryer there too. So between the hair in the tub and the tornado of hair while we dried him, it was nice to be able to walk away ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga