Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Baby H: Week 14 (times two)

I almost can't believe I'm already into my second trimester with our second baby because time seems like it's flying with this pregnancy already. And yet sometimes I feel like this baby has been around and part of our family for so long. Maybe it's because I know more of what to expect from here on out or because I'm less nervous the second time but either way, my momma heart feels like I know this baby so well and that he or she is a piece of our family puzzle we didn't even know was missing. 

I am happy to report that it seems like the nausea is starting to really be gone. It's been quite a while since I've even been close to throwing up and the mornings are getting easier to handle without immediately stuffing my face. I am finding that I'm hungrier during the day which is just par for the course when acting as a human incubator so I always make sure to have easy snacks to quickly grab and try to get something substantial (good carbs + protein) when I do get a chance to eat. It's much harder this time around because I'm in my second month of surgery rotation which means we often work through lunch, have surgeries that are hours long and as of right now no one knows I'm pregnant making it hard to sneak away to eat/drink. I know it's what I need to do to be healthy for this baby and for myself so I would never put myself in a bad position but it just makes things more complicated. Being busy has it's perks though as I'm still only up about 4 lbs which is comforting when I occasionally feel like a whale.

Speaking of surgery while pregnant I did have a moment in a morning surgery where I felt like I was going to pass out. I got very flushed and lightheaded, my vision got narrow, I started feeling sweaty and tingly. It was pretty horrible. I still haven't figured out what caused it (low blood sugar, anemia, standing with locked knees, dehydration, etc) but I found somewhere to sit immediately and slowly got better after a few minutes. I dealt with some similar dizziness during my pregnancy with Mark and it's definitely something I'll be mentioning at my next doctors appointment because goodness it sucks!

In happier news I've been thinking about what to do for another gender reveal which is so exciting. We should be finding out around the second week of December so I'm tossing around ideas that could maybe take into account the festive holiday spirit. J and I still need to decide if we'll find out ourselves first and then surprise everyone else or if it'll be a reveal for us too. I still have a good hunch about if this little one is a girl or boy but one thing that's different this time around is that I've wavered much more than I did with Mark. Regardless of it all though I'm so looking forward to knowing a bit more about this sweet babe in my belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga