Monday, November 16, 2015

Baby H: Week 16 (times two)

Same as last time, I'm shocked that at 16 weeks this pregnancy is 40% of the way done! It seems like the almost first half of this pregnancy has really flown by and we're that much closer to meeting this new sweet babe of ours. 

I might be on the last few days/weeks of the hair-tie trick for my jeans and am actually looking forward to maternity jeans. Hello stretchy waist band! (Especially for the holidays!) I don't think my belly was ever back to it's 100% state because looking back posts from when Mark was in my belly I haven't had any of the stretching sensations I did previously as this belly continues to grow. Speaking of growing, my boobs have already started getting bigger and I'm already keeping my fingers crossed this means a better milk supply once the babe makes his/her arrival. Really though my body has truly felt good this pregnancy. I was worried what being on my feet more, standing for hours in the OR, running to the ED, etc etc would do to my body and so far so good. Now none of this speaks to the exhaustion I still feel some evenings but that's 3rd year of med school standard I think. I'm lucky to have much easier rotations as the year goes on so hopefully the toll of carrying a baby doesn't get too much to handle. 

I'm still craving salty things but not nearly as much as last week. I'm also still turned off by large portions of meat and really any seafood except shrimp. Otherwise I have no pregnancy symptoms to report, no stretch marks, no itchy skin, no break-outs, etc etc. I'm happy that its been quite a relief to have no nausea this week too! I do occasionally still miss booze (hard ciders during football games, the thought of wine around the holidays) and really want eggs benny so I might be asking my doc at my next appointment what her real thoughts on eggs are. Ha! 

The best part of this week by far has been a few flutters that I'm finally convinced are the babe and not just gas. I was unsure for a while if I was actually feeling little baby flips in there because this is much sooner than I felt Mark but now I'm convinced. I also scheduled my anatomy scan for this babe (way ahead of time because of my stupid schedule) and we should know middle of December if I'll forever be a boy momma or if we'll have one of each. I'm really leaning one direction in terms of gender so we'll see if momma's right again. Thinking about whether this little one is a girl or boy has me so anxious to meet in the spring! 

And how about some comparisons shall we! 8, 12, 16 weeks with Baby #2 and with my Mark belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga