Monday, November 23, 2015

Baby H: Week 17 (times two)

Another week along and thankfully things with this baby are going very smooth recently. It's so different being pregnant in the winter this time around. Bundling up in sweaters, hiding under sweatshirts, wearing heavy jackets... all with this baby bump hiding underneath! Not to mention stretchy pants and no excuse to indulge over the holidays!

I had my doctor's appointment just the other day and this little babe's heartbeat was running right along at 144. I mentioned the dizziness/almost fainting episodes I was dealing with and while the NP I saw at my visit is "sure its food and water related" (which it very well might be), I wanted to make sure it wasn't related to anemia instead. I have a history of anemia not pregnant as well as pregnancy-induced anemia with Mark and since I had to get blood drawn for the second part of our genetic screening anyways she threw on a CBC just to check. She also said it couldn't hurt to start taking some extra iron regardless which will hopefully make a difference in my energy levels too.

And just like last time I'm in full time daydreaming land related to this new baby. I keep pinning new nursery ideas and am pretty sure I have a color scheme depending on this little ones gender. We've decided to keep Mark's current room as the official baby room meaning there will be lots of moving around upstairs before this baby comes. We have to rearrange the office to accommodate the guest bed which is currently in the room that will be Mark's big boy room. We'll likely be moving Mark out of the nursery sometime around Christmas just for the pure fact that I have two weeks off to deal with all the changes. Once he's settled in his new room I'll get to start on the new baby's nursery decorating. We've decided to buy another crib because the thought of moving Mark into a toddler bed, and having him transition before my due date, seems way too daunting. Plus I have no problem if he's in a crib till he's two, ha! I'm pretty sure we'll be getting another Jenny Lind crib because I love the classic design but I'm contemplating getting a colored one this time!

This week a friend of mine lost her baby and it breaks my heart. She was only one day ahead of me in her pregnancy and the thought of losing the sweet babe in my belly just makes my heart hurt. I couldn't imagine what a loss like that would feel like. I find myself laying my hand on my growing belly even more thankful than before for the healthy babe growing inside. Baby's sure are blessings and gifts and I'm so grateful to have another. We love you little one, more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga